• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White smoke.....need assistance

wsucougarx

I was thinking it would be a good time to buy another deuce. "oh honey I needed to buy another deuce. I need to put a load on my truck. Towing it from GL to home would do it."....haha

cvh20

I guess towing my other deuce would do the trick. Now I just need a towbar....

My other deuce has a moderate amount of nice black smoke, that is why I thought this white smoke was out of the ordinary. Other deuce idles like a champ, this one keeps creeping up to 1100 RPM. I did replace my accelerator petal return spring, and re-adjusted the pedal arm because it was binding where Joe rigged it with the wrong size washer.

I will pull down some houses or try riggin up a heavy trailer and give it shot. Thanks for all the help.

sandcobra164

When I picked mine up about 2 years ago from Ft. Rucker, it had about 3/4 of a tank of diesel that had been in for who knows how long. Coming out the front gate, my buddy in chase asked me how the truck was running. I told him that it was running strong and fine. He informed me of all the white and grey smoke coming out the stack. A little history on old diesel's told me the fuel was probably junk but fortunately a multi will burn stuff most motor's will choke on. We made it about 100 miles before the truck stalled while coming to a stop. The primary fuel filter was full of water. After a drain and prime, we were back under way and we burned the rest of that fuel out without issue. I'd bet the hard constant 50 to 55 mph run coupled with some new fuel towards the end cured that mess. Of course, I've since changed to a spin on primary fuel filter and have run a few hundred gallons of diesel through it as well. Sounds normal to me, drive the truck and give it H#$$.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks