• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White smoke startup 6.5

bdhailey

I had this issue until I replaced the control box. Truck would start after a few cranks but I would get lots and lots of white smoke. Troubleshot everything and it boiled down to the control box. I replaced that and the smoke was gone.
well I think thats where am at they have a new box from camotek that removes most of the electronics and gives a manual glow plug switch
herd of it

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are getting 24V at the glow plugs when the wait light is on the EESS/PCB (control box) is not the problem.
And for some reason you are making multiple redundant posts, when you "reply" everyone sees it.
You need to troubleshoot the cold start system next.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also you did say that it starts right up, this is not a normal scenario for a glow plug issue but that still would be your first troubleshooting step.
After it warms up and sitting for a while does it smoke?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cold advance is inside the IP, I would think the first step would be see if you are getting 24V to the cold start terminal (the one towards the rear of the IP) when the run switch is set to run and the engine is stone cold.

bdhailey

If you are getting 24V at the glow plugs when the wait light is on the EESS/PCB (control box) is not the problem.
And for some reason you are making multiple redundant posts, when you "reply" everyone sees it.
You need to troubleshoot the cold start system next.
Oh new to website was nit sure if had to reply
Individually and group will correct
Thx

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I experienced a weird issue this week. I hadn’t started my perfect running m1123 in a week and it was 44 degrees outside. I turned to the wait and watched the light go out but it seemed like it was only on for about 1/2 the normal time. I went to crank and it wouldn’t start and I was getting white smoke. I tried to cycle it a few more times with the same results but light was coming on and going off immediately. I did hear start box click a second time. I turned it to the wait position and when I heard the second click I tried to start it. It started right up. I tried it again that night and light and starting was perfect. I watched my volt gauge cycle off and on. I think our trucks are old and have a mind of their own. I think I have a light issue. Don’t know if this helps but maybe listen to the box and disregard the light.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am so glad I took the advice I have given several times and put a light in my dash connected directly to one of the glow plug wires, I know exactly what my glow plugs are doing all the time...

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am so glad I took the advice I have given several times and put a light in my dash connected directly to one of the glow plug wires, I know exactly what my glow plugs are doing all the time...
So you know exactly what 1 glow plug is doing? I guess that tells you that if 1 is getting power all are getting power

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
90% of all glowplug issues are connected to the EESS/PCB, ether not getting power to the plugs, working normal or power to the plugs all the time (which is what burns out the glow plugs), installing a light costs diddly squat and indicates 90% of all glow plug issues

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks