• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White smoke

REDWOLF

I am getting white smoke from both tail pipes, when I start my truck and it is cold out. Any thoughts? Normal? It did not do this until my glow plugs started going bad and even now that I changed to all new ones.

Barrman

Let them cycle twice and if all is working right, the white smoke should go away.

The longer you crank on a cold engine, the more white smoke you will get when it fires.

scottladdy

Please check the -10 TM.

"When engine is cold, let it Idle for a few seconds before driving; this will allow proper
oil pressure to build up. (Increased operating noise and light exhaust smoke are normal
when engine is cold.)"

motormayhem

They smoke white whens its cold as they aren't burning 100% of the fuel till the engine warms up. As long as it goes away once the motor warms up then its completely normal.

ssdvc

Asked the same question last year. It's normal, if it clears up after a few seconds.

cocco78

Mine takes a while to start, it turns over just fine but does not fire when its cold. I also see puffs of white smoke while its turning over, but then when it does start I get alot of dark smoke.