• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who´s truck is this??? searching for hours now!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Don't know.......unfortunately, the photo albums don't list the screen name of the person who uploaded them...

But it looks familiar, I am sure someone will chime in with the name of the poster.

sturkopp

I copied this extra-information from cumminscucv`s profile, hope its ok:

1984 M1028, Cummins 5.9L 12 valve, 96 Dodge NV4500 5-speed 29 Spline output shaft), 88-93 Dodge cummins 5-speed (29 spline input) NP205 transfer case w/ twin stick, Skyjacker 6" lift, 36" HMMWV wheels and tires w/ 2" wheel spacers

Wow, what a great piece of engineering [thumbzup] big respect for that work

CumminsCUCV

Glad you like it....I have lots of time and money invested in this thing ......so I named it the "The Green Sponge"......I built it the way I thought GM should have built it...I toyed with the idea of putting in a 4BT initially but found a 6BT locally and couldn't pass it up for the price....made 3 round trips from NC to TN when I moved in June...I got 20 MPG doing 70 running empty on I-40....never thought that would be possible with 4.56 gears and 36" tires.....I'd like to upgrade to bigger/wider tires and maybe different wheels....other than that this thing runs like a dream.....the torque makes me smile every time I let out the clutch :D

1984CUCV

Hey CumminsCUCV,

Fisrt nice job man!! Second you say that you thought about puting in a 4bt. Do you think the 4bt would have enough power to do the job in a M1028? I thought about puting in a 4bt in my m1008 but did not think it would have enough power to do what a 6bt can do. Thoughts?

Overall how much work was it to do the conversion? I am really thinking about trashing my v8 6.2 and going to a in-line set-up.

CumminsCUCV

I personally haven't driven anything with a 4BT but I'm guessing yes after I watched a H1 with a 4BT pull a 97 4X4 F250 Powerstroke backwards in a parking lot on YouTube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh9sMxVVVpw ... ...it sure would make the install easier being it's 2 cylinders shorter..and 750 lbs versus 1050 lbs.....my 6bt sits roughly an inch from the firewall ...the top rear of the head being the closest part to the firewall...I only had to modify the transmission tunnel to clear the Cummins/NV4500 transmission adapter...I bought the motor mounts from a company in MT called Auto World http://www.autoworldmt.com/ ...they provided directions on modifying the cross member.... they have a lot of information on their website and always had the time to answer any questions I had over the phone...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks