• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who can help me ID this trailer?

No.2Diesel

Looks like an M269/M270. They have an offroad rating of 12tons. Not sure what the on-road rating is. Looks good. Buy it! Post a pic of the 5ton!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

No.2Diesel said:
Looks like an M269/M270. They have an offroad rating of 12tons. Not sure what the on-road rating is. Looks good. Buy it! Post a pic of the 5ton!
Don't you need this trailer for your M819? :)

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

Yes but manuevering in the yard would be a challenge :p We would have to drive in head first, unhitch, drive forward, set the tongue on a homemade dolly, get the crawler started, and proceed to weave it back into the corner. :D Believe me if I had the room it would be there. I'm still waiting for the chance to rent a very large excavator that would require a lowboy. 8)

On a similar note: I have never seen an actual photograph of an M819 hooked to a 269/270. Does such a photo exist?

RE: Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

looking at the small tires ( what size are they ?) could this trailer be a m-172a1 ?

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

westfolk said:
Jwaller.....your trailer looks like an M270A1 rather than just an M270. If your trailer says it a 270 someone switched the plates. Or it was modified to become an M270A1.
mine is an A1. I was just too lazy to add that detail. now look at the work it cost me.

NB1944

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

JWaller

Nice rig! I have two different trailers, but I like that one! Wish I had one.

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who can help me ID this trailer?

NB1944 said:
JWaller

Nice rig! I have two different trailers, but I like that one! Wish I had one.
thank you sir. I had to watch gl for about a yr before I saw it come up. and when it did I had to put about 2k into it to get it back into serviceable condition.