• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who can tell me what this says on my m1070? Arabic?

Hawssie

I finally got my M1070 today. I have been crawling around,under and in it this afternoon seeing how everything is set up but there is one thing I will never figure out! I suppose it must be something fairly common like maybe a warning or USA? I dont know what each character represents so I cant use a online translator, at least I dont know how to. The truck did come back from Kuwait. Still getting the sand out of it!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ah, this reminds me of a story that would be appropriate at this time.

I'm in the middle of a foreign country that is having some... internal strife we shall call it. To my knowledge I'm only one of four green suiters there. On a certain day my partner and I are voluntold to go sit in the middle of no mans land for a few hours that turned into a couple days in an unarmored run of the mill Nissan Pathfinder. So on the way back to our hotel (about 90 minutes away) we come upon an intersection that we weren't real sure to go left or right. BUT WAIT!, we're in luck, there's a sentry posted at the intersection from one of the 'more friendly' of the warring factions. So we pull up to him and he's slouching there smoking. My partner was in the passenger side and roles down his window. In his best language of the country he can muster he stays "Good morning. How do you do?" at which point the guard in accent free, perfect English responds "F$#@ you American" and goes back to smoking. My partner calmly says back, "Well thank you very much", rolls up his window and we made a left turn and drove. It was the correct turn. The other took you to a mined road and a blown out bridge. Honest to God that happened just like that. We still laugh about that.

BTW, we went back the next day and at that point began a period of 27 straight days sitting in no mans land. But all that other stuff is a different story for a different time.

DrillerSurplus

I finally got my M1070 today. I have been crawling around,under and in it this afternoon seeing how everything is set up but there is one thing I will never figure out! I suppose it must be something fairly common like maybe a warning or USA? I dont know what each character represents so I cant use a online translator, at least I dont know how to. The truck did come back from Kuwait. Still getting the sand out of it!
I recall another post here on SS about a month ago where someone knew what it meant. Something to the effect of "Get out of the way" (a bad paraphrase of the actual translation) If you do some searching you can probably find that post.

Congrats on the new ride!

61sleepercab

I figured that it said in Arabic "KILLROY WAS HERE" I used a internet Arabic to English letter conversion chart and number sets and partially deciphered the writing on an Arab bring back gun I bought on gunbroker. You may have to find a native speaker to get the true meaning, I would suggest contact with the language department of a college school.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have someone who might be able to translate. I will check and get back to you.

I am going to go with something along the lines of get out of my way or wide turns. It looks like a stencil, so some unit may have painted a lot of their trucks with it. May have served in Saudi or Kuwait vs. Iraq.

HETvet

From my experience at the port in Kuwait, it is basically stating the truck has been inspected and is ready for transport. The get back signs are attachments to the vehicles, not written on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks