• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who does m35a2 restorations on the east coast?

jeepzilla47

Well, even though I am completely capable of doing it myself, I dont seem to be able to make the time to do it. I have a good running truck that needs paint/newer gauges and axle seals and brakes done. Does anybody know of a place that would do the work for me for a decent price?

3dAngus

If you just order the parts, it seems like any truck shop could do that in your area. Not sure about the decent price though.
I could give you names in Georgia or Florida, but you might check with SCSG (Mike) or Ferro in your part of the world. They might know someone if no one else answers.

caliber1

You probably don't want to bring it to Florida Huh? Axle seals, brakes and gauges would be no problem. Haven't painted in years, but know some people that would love to spray it.

Vintage iron

A&H Recon. Shop can do any work you need done. We do work on deuces and 5 tons all the time. In fact I am in Delaware getting parts for a M923 recondition project right now. Feel free to give me a call 617-650-2108 Matt

sandcobra164

I've also heard high praise for John Winslow in NC. I don't personally know him and have never dealt with him but I've heard that he's very thorough and turns out good work. Also not sure on prices but I look at it this way, If I can pay someone to do it, I'm probably not concerned with price. Lucky you, I do all the work to my stuff as I'm a little on the cheap side. I like good results, I just can't pay someone else for good results. As a side benefit, you grow more of a bond if you do the work yourself. That's good in my scene. I don't plan on parting ways with any of my trucks.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are members in Florence, Sumter and I think the Conway/MB area that might be closer to where you are. Ferro and I are both in the Columbia area, and we're both about 20 miles from the club compound in Richland Northeast. Jeff in Holly Hill might be interested, PM me your info and I'll pass it along to him.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Charles Talbert at M-series restoration has a stellar reputation. I would definitely contact him. I don't have his web address handy, but if you google him, it should come right up.

I am beginning to do some work on the side. I could do a full restoration for someone, but I strongly doubt I would be price competitive with a resto/work shop.

The problem for me is that I am so detail oriented, it takes me forever to get something done. When I am done, it's spotless, done right, everything is done right, up to specs, etc. But that takes time. And I've never been fast at turning wrenches.

I can do it all-bed swaps, engine, trans, transfer swaps, brakes, etc. I have the heavy lift capability.

I can do paint, but again, like a full restoration, I probably wouldn't be price competitive with other shops.

I provide pictures of the work being done to show owners what they're getting and so that they'll have the documentation of their trucks upgrades for posterity or when they sell the vehicle.

Also, since I still have a day job, it takes me awhile to get this stuff done. So if you pay for 20 hours of labor, you probably won't get the truck back in 2.5 days.

Here are some pictures of some of the work I have done over the years. Hopefully it represents me accurately.

If you're interested, pm me.

Thanks

C

IMAG0685 [800x600].jpgIMAG0873 [800x600].jpgIMAG0877 [800x600].jpgDSC00437 [800x600].jpgIMAG1191 [800x600].jpgIMAG1277 [800x600].jpgIMAG1306 [800x600].jpgIMAG1313 [800x600].jpgIMAG1846 [800x600].jpgIMAG1924 [800x600].jpg

Also, more past projects:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?11295-All-this-for-a-freeze-plug-!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?87435-That-was-a-lot-of-work&highlight=gantry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks