• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who for insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aknoll007

Was wondering who you guys use for insurance and how much does it cost? I'm going to license as an historic vehicle and don't want to pay to much for insurance.

bomar76

He still has a couple drivers ed classes before he gets his full license....(in Ohio you get a learners permit at 15 1/2 that only allows you to drive with a parent in front seat, then upon meeting the 50 +10 driving requirement AND 6 moths have elapsed since issue of permit then when you turn 16 AND you take drivers ed you can get a real license) and untill he has that is does not have to have any sort of insurance...he is covered by our current policies.
When he does get a real license we will list another vehicle as his primary ride, and buy a policy in his name and he still can drive the deuce whenever he wants, as long as there is another listed vehicle as the main one.

red devils dude

bomar76 said:
He still has a couple drivers ed classes before he gets his full license....(in Ohio you get a learners permit at 15 1/2 that only allows you to drive with a parent in front seat, then upon meeting the 50 +10 driving requirement AND 6 moths have elapsed since issue of permit then when you turn 16 AND you take drivers ed you can get a real license) and untill he has that is does not have to have any sort of insurance...he is covered by our current policies.
When he does get a real license we will list another vehicle as his primary ride, and buy a policy in his name and he still can drive the deuce whenever he wants, as long as there is another listed vehicle as the main one.
new york's the same way I got two drivers ed classes left my self
but they say I have to be 18 to drive the deuce with historical plates or I can
drive it now if I get commercial plates and I pay $3500 a month.

Update on the insurance for the Deuce.

Before I acquired my truck I asked my agent at AAA and he said "no problem". Even showed him a picture but that was 8 months ago.
I finally got around to going into the office yesterday to get the truck insured and, of course, the old agent I had is now gone. The guy I sat down with (large office with about 10 agents) looked at the picture and :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: about fainted.
"We can't insure that!"
But, but, but, Keith (the old agent) said you would.
"Well maybe then but not now - it's over a 1 ton?"

Uh, yeah.... :(

Meanwhile 3 other guys get up from their desk and come look at the pictures I brought in.

"Hey that's cool!!! Where'd ya get it? Is it outside? Can I go for a ride?"

So short story long, I need a few leads on insurance providers.

I'll try and call Gulfway and State Farm, (as mentioned above), and if you (Djfreema) have a phone for Haggerty I'll try them. Does it have to be garaged period or just for that rate?

FSBruva

Haggerty informed we that without a garage, they would not insure me.

So, Gulfway is the way to go.... no mileage restrictions, no historical registrations, no storage restrictions - you just have to have normal auto insurance for another vehicle in your name (they don't want a deuce to become your primary vehicle).

Good luck,
Matt

BTW: I poked and prodded and found an agreeable DMV employee (in MI) that let me register the truck as a 13K pound pickup, so I have no mileage restrictions from the state, either.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AIG does mine. I have also used Progressive. Stay away from J C Taylor, if you pull a trailer (and what MV doesn't?) your coverage is null & void.

dg

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks