• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who got the cucv II in texas?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one for sale in the classifieds. It runs too. Buy it and you can look all you want. ;-)

markg

There is one for sale in the classifieds. It runs too. Buy it and you can look all you want. ;-)
Thanks. I was interested in the one at ft sam because it was so close . I hope they will eventually get a little cheaper or i wont own one. The 5 tons seem to be cheap right now, but hard to haul . thanks. mark

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With only a few hundred to a few thousand (no one knows the exact number) being made the price will always be higher than expected. Plus Stonepicker is doing his best to keep the prices high. :mrgreen:

markg

With only a few hundred to a few thousand (no one knows the exact number) being made the price will always be higher than expected. Plus Stonepicker is doing his best to keep the prices high. :mrgreen:
Someone was bidding against him! I noticed that this truck had a build date of what looked like 9-00. since the new body style in 2001 this may have been one of the last of the that era!

trooper632

I couldn't find and info on the CUCV II's, but weren't they just taken from the civilian side and put into military service with the tow shackles put on... Did they have the Detroit locker 4.56's in them?

markg

I couldn't find and info on the CUCV II's, but weren't they just taken from the civilian side and put into military service with the tow shackles put on... Did they have the Detroit locker 4.56's in them?
the vin's were the same as the civi trucks. i think they had 3.73(gt4) rear in them with a locker.(14 bolt) they wrote the vin down wrong in the gl add, 1st eight should be 1gchk34f. its also a us built truck.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks did indeed come off the regular production line. I can't speak of the crew cabs but the regular cabs I have seen have had the 4.10 gears with the G80 locker.

The trucks where taken to another location, OD paint, 24v starter and wiring, b/o wiring, bumpers/shackles, shocks and a few other odds and ends where added.

There are regular cab pickups, crewcab pickups, ambulances, Blazers and Suburbans

od_cucv_datasheet.jpgCUCV%2520Truck.jpgcucv2 trucks.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks