• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the most Kilometres/ Miles on their CUCV?

m1008chevy

I was just curious who has the most mileage on their none rebuilt 6.2L CUCV? I personally have 272,000 Kilometres on my 1987 M1008, without any major engine work. The only thing that has been changed is the injection pump because it started leaking from the throttle shaft.

Cantos

My m1009 has 35000 miles, without trouble. Ok the Flywheel was toothless about 5000miles ago and the vac-pump 1 year ago.

cucvrus

My m1028 has 174095 miles on it right now. No major engine work.
Corvette 9 That Dude M1028 A1 has no minor or major anything. Except every body panel. I bought that in November 1996??? It had 1700.miles on it. Ran hard maintained and never washed except when it rained. Dude has been coast to coast twice. That is an M1028 A1. It earned its A1 rating in 1990. If I remember correctly.

Stonepicker1

My M1028 was a daily driver for over 12 years.

It made three trips from South Florida to Michigan and back and two trips from South Florida to MD and back.

All the long trips were pulling a trailer with a load.

I have put over 165,000 miles(my miles, not what was already driven by the Military) on this truck with changing the injection pump at around 65,000 miles.

Attachments

Last edited:

Skinny

We should do the opposite thread...who has the least miles :)

My M1031 had about 5k miles on it, truck looked brand new. My M1010 had 3600 miles on it and probably was never washed in the winter.

sandcobra164

We should do the opposite thread...who has the least miles :)

My M1031 had about 5k miles on it, truck looked brand new. My M1010 had 3600 miles on it and probably was never washed in the winter.
I'll play the game. Just passed 7k miles in my NOS USMC M1028.

rsh4364

Odometers pretty much means nothing on our trucks,the speedo is always off so the the mileage is off too.I would rather see compression test results and oil pressure readings.

m1008chevy

Odometers pretty much means nothing on our trucks,the speedo is always off so the the mileage is off too.I would rather see compression test results and oil pressure readings.
Actually my speedo is dead on, comparing it to the GPS on my phone. My truck is completely stock thought, no lift, 4.56 gears, 235 85 16 tires. I have never done a compression test but for oil pressure, after the engine is at operating temperature: 40 PSI at idle and 60 PSI at anything above 60kph or 40mph.

Smokinyoda

Original engine/speedo or not, speedo will only tell you how far it has been driven. Not how many hours it has idled because an 18 year old kid was cold or just to lazy to turn it off. ( And yes I can say this because I was once that 18 year old.)

cucvrus

I would rather see compression test results and oil pressure readings.
Rick you need to start another thread about compression checks. I doubt if many guys here or anywhere ever took the time to do a compression check. I never checked never checked the compression on any CUC/V's I owned. I would say 90% of the people that own vehicles don't check the compression. If it runs it runs if not then diagnose and fix it. I have never had to check compression number 1 I don't own a compression gauge. No 2 if these engines don't have enough compression they will not start and run. As far as oil pressure if the engine is not tapping and wrapping I never checked that either. I have put 2 oil pressure gauges in my CUCV/V's. Both were just for novelty items. I ran DUDE M1028A1 173 K Bone stock. Never even added a radio. And I want to add this also. I never changed a harmonic balancer on any CUC/V I ever owned or serviced. Call me lucky or just say. If it is not broken don't fix it or if it works why mess with it. I found that the less you change and the more you just maintain the longer the entire vehicle any vehicle for that part will last and you will have less issues to deal with. I am a rubber mat/crank window type of guy. OK I said my piece. thank you. Have a great day.

donalloy1

My 86 O9 shows 32,785.1 and I think Odometer may not have been rolled over? I am going for least vs. most! Replaced Starter, GP Controller & GP Relay twice, IP, all GP's. Pops right off!:clinto:

Last edited:

2002ford

I have a m1010 with 388 miles. Unfortunately it needs an injection pump. The belts are original with primer in the grooves of the pulleys. The general concensus is the tires are original.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks