• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the oldest military Vehicle on SS

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are some guys with WWII stuff. I suspect they are going to take the prize.

saddamsnightmare

DECEMBER 10TH, 2008.

Gentlemen:

Please permit me to modify the challenge to not the oldest, BUT----BUT,
The oldest daily runner that's still being used for work related hauling.... THAT's the true measure of the vehicle's value... HOW old can it be and still do a day's work (Hauling bikini's and six packs doesn't qualify as work)?????:twisted:

I respect the Model T's, of 15 million built, about 1 million are known to exist, and many are daily runners, but I doubt any T owner would load his "TT" down with a ton load and go over to the next town or county in it.... Whereas, my 1971 Kaiser Jeep has moved everything from office furniture to locomotive bells, to firewood, garbage and even hauled M105A2's, sometimes for seven or eight hours at highways speeds.... A common day's work.
Let's see how the chips fall in that category....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:twisted:

rmgill

1942 Daimler Dingo. Still runs, brakes and can do power slides in reverse, in 3rd gear.

1943 Humber armoured Car. Finally about ready to go into a container to come to the US.

FrankUSMC

A Dodge WC-1 4x4 that was made in 1941 for the National Guard.
I also have in the collection a 1934 military issued wheeled flight line fire extinguisher, does that count?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

hippiedude

I have met acrane and saw that 1917 modle T ambulance and it is realy nice....and he has a 1949 or 50 M34 that is nice too........I have a 52 GMC.... Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks