• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who holds GL's contract?

rtbcoop

Just curious, does anyone know who holds GL's contract or what their contract number is? I'm a Contracting Officer for the AF so I am curious who is responsible for administering their contract and, more to the point, who is responsible for their performance reporting. Anyone know when it expires?

rtbcoop

Ok, got a little info, the contract is held by DLA. After speaking with a DLA rep, I learned that the main avenues for GL complaints are the phone number and email address on the GL website. If you are not happy with GL’s response, the next step would be to file a complaint through DLA themselves by calling 1-877-352-2255 and asking for disposition services. They’ll ask for some info and then file a formal complaint. Hope this helps anyone who has been having trouble getting a response from GL.

rtbcoop

Not happy with GL? File a complaint with DLA

After doing some digging, I have learned that the GL contract is administered by DLA. If you have filed a complaint with GL and are not happy with their response, push the complaint to the next level by contacting DLA at 1-877-352-2255 and asking for disposition services. They'll take some info, file a formal complaint, and get back to you with some sort of resolution. Hope this helps.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Is the intent to find the COR and KO and rest of the food chain? Good idea. I had planned to do that at one time but never to the time. The route I took when needed was Congressman and ensured that it stated GL was a contracted agent of the US Govt through DLA. I had my SF97 in 4 days after waiting for numerous weeks.

The COR (once known) maybe getting a lot of letters in the near future. GL gets the boot and SS takes over the contract (LOL).

rtbcoop

Haha yeah, discounted prices for all SS members!!! Probably not a bad idea considering SS as a whole knows more about military surplus than GL EVER will! And seeing as the contract awarded in 2001 was estimated at $23 billion, the paycheck would be nice too!

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking. While I am sure filing a complaint with DLA would help, I think going straight to the COR would probably be better. I think a FOIA request may be the only way to figure out who the COR and KO are. I found a phone number for the Chief Contracting Officer (269-961-7067) but I have yet to call and see if that’s the right office. And the Congressman route is always a great tool!