• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who made my deuce?

redjordan

This may sound like a really dumb question, and I have searched, but aside from the "VIN" number on the dash, I have not found the frame plate yet, and all the engine tags have no markings on them, like they put blanks on there that were not stamped with the actual details.

How can I find out what year my truck is or who made it? AM General, Kaiser, etc.

Thanks guys!

Oilleaker1

Do a search here and ask CARNAC ! With your VIN # he can help you. Did you get a title or SF 97? That also should help you. Lots of informative guys here, but they get irritated if you don't do searches on your question first as they are well covered. Enjoy! John

redjordan

I have no title or SF 97. Going though a simply LOVELY process with the DMV trying to get this thing registered.

Where can I find the vin, other than that dataplate I posted I cannot find anything else. I would rather not start scraping the frame by the driver side tires, I have been told this is where another plate should be.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is a prime example of why not to buy trucks without proper paper work are there any bumper numbers if so put as much information together and try carnac's 2010 vin info tread carnac can only get information on trucks from the army though good luck

WOLFMAN1

:ditto:carnac is good but he doesn't have all the answers. i gave him my mfd number and title number and he couldn't find it in the system anywhere. he said it may have not put in the system before it was decommisioned from service. maybe yours might be a simular case good luck try carnac first and wait for an answer.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a perfect example of why we need to search! The location of the stamped VIN number on the deuce frame has been repeatedly asked and answered!

It just takes some time, and I guarantee you will learn a few things along the way.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, truck was probably put out of service before CARNAC's database started-like my M48.aua

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
redjorden
you need to verify the frame #. Go easy on the scraping / sanding as they usually are not that deep.
You have a replacement data tag (on the dash) and the 1st one I've seen that was riveted on.

hole

Redjordan, there are many posts on this subject, try a search. Most trucks have #'s stamped on the drivers side frame above the front axel. If it's a converted gasser to multi (like mine) your search may get more difficult. I have yet been able to find evan a hint of #'s on the frame, Drivers side, passenger side, nothing. My data plate had been X'ed out and a new # re-stamped. David Doyle was able to tell me what year my truck was based on the hood /USA #. He said that # almost never changed throughout the trucks life. Carnac was later able to verify what David had already told me. Does the right rear engine mount bolt, or rivet to the frame rail? Rivets = original multi fuel truck. Bolts= originally a gasser. Mine turned out to be a 52 Studebaker that Uncle re-powered in the 70's. Some of these old girls take alittle more homework to discover their true idenitys. Good luck.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You can thank Bob H for typing out the serial number cause I don't do photos.

The folks here pointed you to the correct place. The serial number (VIN) is already printed on your dash dataplate but before you take this information for gospel, you need to validate the dash data plate against the serial number stamped in the frame. Go to the 2010 VIN info thread and read post #1.

Organization:
423RD MEDICAL COMPANY (CLEARING)
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T
Model:M35A2 W/W
NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:22519723 Registration Number:4L8741
Year of Mfg:1967
INFO AS OF SEP 05

Last edited:

redjordan

I was offline working on my brakes all of yesterday, took a day off work for the occasion, but she stops perfect now!

Thank you very much for the info CARNAC, and Bob H for typing it out :wink:

I will check out the number on the frame and check to see if the motor mount is bolted or riveted on.

I did search and I did find the Vin thread and the frame rail location of the VIN number, but could not find the tag (did not know it was stamped) on my truck, and had very little info so I was scared to post in the VIN thread. :-(

You guys rock!

edit:

The Bumper numbers are as follows.

Passside: RTS M
Center:X43146
Driver side: RM23

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks