• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who makes stencil kits?

Bowtie70SS

I was told that someone around here makes stencil kits for the Vietnam era that would be correct for my Deuce. I am going to paint it the original OD green and want to put at least the stars, truck serial number, and US Army. I ordered the paint yesterday and hope to have it by this weekend or early next week. I have 3 weeks until a local show that I have volunteered to go to that has something called "Touch a truck" http://warrencounty.fox19.com/news/events/73150-touch-truck-touch-heart-mason it is fundraiser for something called the Dragonfly foundation. My truck is in good mechanical shape I just want it to look good when the kids play on it. They were having trouble finding military vehicles, I am not sure if this is because of the sequester or not but as a father and veteran how could I possibly say no? Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in the Active Army we could order brass stencils for doing bumper numbers, etc. There was a FSN for them and surly they are being sold by someone. I had a local guy cut me a stencil for my M915 bumper numbers but he charged me a war pension. If anyone has a source for the brass stencils please post.

inksane

I have a plotter and can cut them out, I only have sticky back vinyl currently, I am looking for something that I can cut on my machine that could just be held up and then spray painted on.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased my military brass stencils from here: LC Industries about two years ago. I don't know if they still carry them. It's the same distribution company the Army buys them from.

Bowtie70SS

Yeah I was looking at yours they look nice and I will order a set. I need the stars and the hood numbers though. Also I am looking for a decal. I used to have a stack of them but we put them all on our hotrods. It said "Caution Driver and Co-Driver must wear hearing protection Mil-spec xxxxxxxx" It was yellow and black, any leads?

59apache

Chipmaker
I have a plotter and can cut them out, I only have sticky back vinyl currently, I am looking for something that I can cut on my machine that could just be held up and then spray painted on.
I've used a plotter and stencilfoil. Sprayed with a badger http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Badger_350.asp (it's a leftover from my boyhood - used for scale models)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks