• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who owns a M101?

ultim8gamr

not sure how deep they are but for the sake of stacking trailers you would probably be fine with 12" wooden ground stakes and put a nail (or something similar) through them at six inches to keep them from sliding down into the stake pockets. It only serves to keep the two trailers from sliding apart, once you get some straps tied down to hold them together, you should be good to go.

But it looks like the stakes go the full depth of the sides (except over the wheel wells). which according to the TM is 18" for the A1 and 19.84" for the A2 and A3

skark_burmer

86humv would you mind checking on the condition of my lots while you are at Herlong? I bid without making it up there to preview and am relying on GL's pictures
I'll be up there bright and early monday morning. I'll take some pics if you give me the lot numbers for you.
I got one A3 and 2 A2's all with 37" tires... according to the pics.
I'll let you know how it goes with my trailer, which after measuring is 16' long.

Jeff

Last edited:

ultim8gamr

Hey Skark_Burmer sorry I didn't see your post until today. How did the recovery go?? Were the GL people at Herlong helpful and easy to work with? And last question for ya. What are your plans with registration, are you going to get a title from DMV with a bill of sale, or are you going to get the SF-97?

skark_burmer

Recovery went well and Aaron was helpful with helping me load them. He was skeptical they would fit, but was game to try and a good sport to play along.
Dealing with the Herlong gate people was a PITA though, so be prepared for a run around experience. I get annoyed with that crap easily... so YMMV.

I had planned on doing the SF97, there is another option?

Oh, and this is how to fit 3 M101's on a 16' trailer... with room to spare!
Be prepared to remove the tongue from the last one though, it would hang out kind of far.

Attachments

Last edited:

ultim8gamr

Very Cool! thanks for the info Skark_burmer. regarding the registration, I had read that in some states you can register for a title at DMV with just a bill of sale and save the money you would have spent to have the SF97 processed. I had wanted to do this with the trailer I want to sell to save $ and then do the SF97 to get the official titles from the govt for the ones that I keep. But I wasn't sure if this would work in CA or not.

ChrisABQ07

I just went throught the title/registration process in New Mexico for an M116A2 I bought from a guy who bought it from GL. Everything was bill of sale. To make a long story short (3 months worth), get the SF97s. It is a lot easier/cheaper to transfer titles than go through the headache of state inspections, VIN/title searches, and surety bonds.

A trailer with a clear title should sell for more because you have already done the hard part. I figure I spent about 21 days of leg work and $200 to get my title and a permanent plate for the trailer.

Congrats on your recovery.

bigflew

on the subject of the m101 does anyone know where a person could get a hand brake cable for one. I never thought I needed it until mine went down the drive into the road.

ChrisABQ07

Try SaturnSurplus.com

I just checked their site and they show cable asemblies for a 101 and a 101a2 for around $27.00 + Shipping.

I just had them send me a M116 data plate and iI am happy with their turn-round time.

ultim8gamr

Awesome Chris thanks for the Advice.

EMR I may take you up on that offer in the near future if I can't find any covers closer by. I have the side racks on one trailer, but still require the bows to go with the cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks