• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who paid the $39K for the 915 in Ft. Smith

jasonjc

Hey Bruce it was NOT a M747. It was a commercial 70 ton 4 axle lowboy with a 2 axle jeep and a 2 axle (not sure the name) for the back of the trailer. I bet they were not buying the M911 but were buying the trailer. But thats just my thoughts for what little they are worth.

edit: where did the post befor me go?????????????

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason, I noticed that AFTER...and hence I deleted my post. My post was irrelevant once I realized the trailer was not what I thought it was. Thanks for the clarification!

mktopside

Banned
You could make some good money with that thing. There is a company somewhere near VA that has two M911s they contract out to move masssive objects. Last year the power company needed to move a few building sized transformers a few miles so they called these guys.

They flat towed one M911 behind the other and drove up from down state. Did the pull, and went home a few hours later with a 5 digit check in their pocket.

My neighbor works for Dominion and has pictures, I'll get him to send them to me so I can post them.

jasonjc

Jason, I noticed that AFTER...and hence I deleted my post. My post was irrelevant once I realized the trailer was not what I thought it was. Thanks for the clarification!

You must have deleted it as I was typing. I hit the submit button and then your post was gone, I thought I was lossing my mind. And hey I aint got much to loss:razz:

The M911 is more for off road use it tops out at around 45mph. The M920 is more of a road truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The M911 is more for off road use it tops out at around 45mph. The M920 is more of a road truck.
The M920 is a lot easier to manuver.....I bobtailed a M911 around a motor pool (it was one of the few vehicles I was not licensed on in the Army).

It has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier.

With a full load on the fuel milage is measure in gallons per mile.:shock:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Does anyone have $49K I can borrow? I seem to have gotten a little caught in the moment and just went for it.

Sorry I was remembering another thread, long gone now, and just had to post that.

Nice truck though for whomever won it. And that is going to be one **** of a credit card balance.

gunboy1656

Nice truck though for whomever won it. And that is going to be one **** of a credit card balance.
I would bet, the company that bought it didn't even thing twice about it. And neither did the others who helped bid it up that high. When I saw it, I was wondering how high it was going to go. Actually surprised it went so cheap.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices mentioned is a heck of a deal for that outfit. That trailer alone will go for over $100k new. If you needed a heavy hauling outfit that would be way cheaper than buying a commercial outfit.