• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who went to aberdeen?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Image 40 is Cdub's truck. He's one of the Jersey crew. His truck is beautiful.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am sorry that it took so long to post pictures but they cut on my knee yesterday and I had to get the yard and garden ready. I have some pics of the Mrap and my M2-4 and some of the show. I loved decodeme's Huey. great party on Thursday nite. I gave Doghead a nite off and was the self appointed moderator for the nite. Great show. Got to meet more SS guys. Next year I will get shirts made, yes you must pay, so we all can ID ourselves as SS guys. thanks to all for the feedback on not knowing who was who. I cannot say enough to the organization put into the East Coast Convoy. Great job Cabell. Great dinner on friday nite as well. All I can say is its only 51 weeks until Aberdeen. Specail thanks to Ian, a dual member with Blue/Gray and SS, for helping set up this event and close it out.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone else notice the yellow bi-plane that flew over a few times?

I was wondering if it was VTdeucedriver in his NAF N3N-3.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, did you drive your M1008 (Amy's M1008)? Not throwing stones but I've never seen you travel to any events in green iron! Guess I should get up north more often.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, the last picture in post#59, is Amy's truck(that's an Elvis calendar next to the spare tire) It drove very well to Aberdeen(first long trip,700 miles round trip).

Also drove it to Haspin last year and about to do that again in 2 weeks(you really need to make it to a Haspin rally).

I am at the rallies for the friendship ,food and fun. I have fun with or without my MVs.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man I miss going to Aberdeen. I wanna see all the stuff I missed, like ATD's M-2-4 and the closed cab CCKW!!!

Kenny, if you wanna meet me in Atlanta next year, we can take the F-150 and be there in 8 hours :beer:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, as a teaser, the first person I noticed(as I entered) at Aberdeen this year was Blake! It was a sign of good times for the weekend!

I did not sell much or buy much, but I had a GREAT time there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of sounding corny, I find that I fit in better with the Steel Soldiers crowd than the typical Aberdeen collector crowd. Can't explain it. The only major draws to Aberdeen is finding parts, the convoy (at least the yellow serial) and meeting the SS family. Perhaps if the event was more of a camping event than a blacktop event, I would feel differently. If I was forced to make a choice, I'd take one trip to Haspin :beer:over 10 trips to Aberdeen.

powerhouseduece

It was a blast, even my "old lady" had a good time! Headwizard, you got a good pic of my truck as we were getting ready to leave but didn't even know what you looked like! Thanks again for the food and shirts Cabell and Chuck! I hope you guys enjoyed my "shipping crate dismount" My truck was the tractor with the FMTV trailer hooked to it. Saw some new faces, and saw some old faces (DH).

All in all, it was awesome!

armadillofz1

anyone else get a free GL camo cap? mannaged to keep my wallet in my pocket almost the entire time. i did find an antenna for my deuce. that was fun getting home on my motorcycle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks