• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whos M818??

powersmoke18

alright i've seen this M818 in a few military magazines and now on the utube. whos is it??? [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jB4aghJgY[/media] just wanna find out whats all been done to it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Isn't that an M51A1 or A2? See air cleaner on passenger fender.

I recognize the truck from SS but can't remember the guy's name. There is a big thread about the buildup of the truck with lots of pics but it's been awhile since I saw it.

powersmoke18

if you look close it has the bubble on the hood for either jakes or the turbo cross over tube. around the :02 mark you can see it.

Rgdl

I think the turbo you're hearing is coming from the Deuce that's pulling the M818 out of the hole. You also hear the 855 Cummins at the same time because he's working the truck as he's being pulled.

It would be cool if the M818 had a turbo, and maybe this one does, but my guess is the whistle in the vid is coming from the Deuce.;-)

123mack

It's the trail ride at Lamar Rowland's rally last October in south Alabama. They have the trail rides on Fridays at a nearby state forest. The M818 is owned by Ken Field. He used the truck on the cross country convoy last year, and had pulled the front driveline and machined the splines off the front hubcaps so the hubs would freewheel for better fuel economy. The hood bubble is to accomodate the 300 big cam Cummins which he had installed to replace the NHC 250. The M35A2 is owned by Lamar's brother ,Horace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks