• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are CUCV prices so much higher that Civi Chevs

Gunzy

476489_5983_0_0001.jpg476489_6002_159_0001.jpg476489_6004_0_0002.jpgWelcome stanzuray, here are pics of my '86 M1031 contact truck which is what yours is. The throttle actuator on the engine is for the 12KW generator in the back. The gen runs from a PTO on the transfercase and uses the actuator to maintain 1800 RPM under all electrical loads. There is also a 3 phase air compressor back there. I am assuming yours is still in place as some trucks went to auction missing equipment. My truck has a confirmed 6888 miles on it and other than faded paint is the cleanest Mil truck I have ever picked up. It had a bunch of tools in it too. I wouldn't be surprised if your truck mileage is actual as many of these trucks did sit for a long time. As stated before, look under the truck and at all the high wear points and you will know if the mileage is correct pretty quick.

M1008BOV

Just thanks for all the ideas. It's how we learn and especially me as I try to figure out the truck. At a fish camp now and away from truck but maybe when I get to my village I'll take some pics of the underside and normal heavy wear places like pedals and see what you think. A lot of experience on this forum and appreciate it. View attachment 581913Do have a picture of engine compartment. Real dusty but no oil anywhere and underside of motor not a drop either so hoping for the low millage. It's got all the diesel engine and cab heaters on it so it's set up for the cold. I run the town snow grader etc. each winter and do mechanic work around diesels so some experience with what millage does to engines. Can't wait to work on it. Stan
And please don't hold it against me but yes I'm on an Alaskan reality show called Yukon Men. It 4th season premiered 2 days ago but didn't get to see it. Got a Sat Dish at camp for email/internet but no TV.
Looks like a good truck. Watch your show quite a bit. My family is from AK and I have not been to Tanana, but have been stranded on the river, overnight, just up stream from Manley.

If you haven't already, get that intake covered up to keep as much dust out as possible until you find a setup for it. Also, once you do get it running, change the oil, then change it again after you get it good and warmed up, maybe some miles. Get whatever is in that motor trapped in the oil filter and out of there IMO. Diesels are much less forgiving b/c of the compression they need to operate correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks