• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are my starter bolts coming loose??

nyoffroad

" It actually cracked the inspection cover on mine as well. Apparently these starters have a lot of torque. I have been told if you don't take care of it, it can crack the block. "
Yes it can, it can and will break the outer 'ear' off the block where the outer starter bolt threads into. and that is a lot of fun trying to fix!

Sganderson

" It actually cracked the inspection cover on mine as well. Apparently these starters have a lot of torque. I have been told if you don't take care of it, it can crack the block. "
Yes it can, it can and will break the outer 'ear' off the block where the outer starter bolt threads into. and that is a lot of fun trying to fix!
Just for fun, how would you fix that? I kind of assumed once that happened you’re up the creek on that block.