• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are threads or posts erased?

Wolf.Dose

Please help me: What the last posts have to do with the original thread? For me it looks like a private discussion.
For me this privat discussion seems not to be very helpfull for this forum. The first treads explained the reasons. I think we have to live with it, even if the one or the other has a different opinion on this matter. Every forum or discussion round needs some rules. And these rules are usually given by the administator and not subject to discussion.
Wolf

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please help me: What the last posts have to do with the original thread? For me it looks like a private discussion.
For me this privat discussion seems not to be very helpfull for this forum. The first treads explained the reasons. I think we have to live with it, even if the one or the other has a different opinion on this matter. Every forum or discussion round needs some rules. And these rules are usually given by the administator and not subject to discussion.
Wolf
Welcome to the world of forums. Topics sometimes drift. Without being too blunt, what does your post have to do with the original topic? This forum does have rules but is not run with an iron fist. I think every thread with with a page of responses will show some drifting. With that said, yet another post is made in response but not relative to the original topic. If we had to stay 100% on topic, your question couldn't be answered here.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
It was supposed to be funny, and there is also a inside joke in play. You may find the latter hard to get as the post(s) were, well, erased long ago. After more study Wolf has a point. My post has no military vehicle content and a clear violation of the rules, x2. Someone should delete them and I'll try to be less funny in the future.

Wolf.Dose

I do not want to be misunderstood.
Of corse a threat can change during discussion.
Thats why I have some small problems with your statement, Recovery4x4. I simply argued, that a threat should not end in a discussion between three or four members with their opinions which will not help to solve the issue.
I thing Jimk much more understood the intention of my post.
I'm sorry, this ends up in simply the way I was claiming about.
Furthermore I will read the statements to this subject but probably not commend them any more.
Wolf

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's hard as moderators to control when a thread ends unless we throw locks on all them and that is a sure fire way to run off good members. While I certainly understand what you are saying, the forum is like a bunch of guys sitting around a virtual fire, sometimes the subject brings them to something in common with each other and they splinter off into a private conversation. the problem here is we all have to wade through it to get to the next prominent post. I (and other mods) could certainly work harder to keep the topics streamlined and to the point but my own opinion is that it would take some of the fireside feel away from topic discussions. If we have an overwhelming response to this and the members want that, we will moderate as requested. Just trying to strike that balance that keeps the forum interesting and informative without running an over strict domain.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wolf, all,
my last post was also sarcastic. I need to learn the smiley thing, if only to help others know when I'm not being serious. I noticed afterward your across the pond. I found with owning a British vehicle many across the way, and also in another parts of this county, avoid sarcasm and have a much different sense of humor.

I think the author made a good point and the early responder(s) got the job addressing the issue. A little fun after that helps keep it light. I think the nature of a discussion board is to tolerate a bit of this and that. Even the bad has value as it teaches what is expected and all benefit form this. It is nice to have a place, here , to exercise this.

Wolf.Dose

Even I wanted not to answer any more:
Jimk, I understand you,maybe for you have due to your truck also contacts to the other side of the pond and have to handle their humor. Do not let us take all this too serious! It is our hobby and should relax us!
Wolf
P.S.: Today I have to go to Horicon / Wi for tractor testing, the 32nd trip to the states in my bussiness carrier.

SasquatchSanta

Now I'm confused.

Is the concern because I called jimk a scoundrel and a scallywag? If so, perhaps it's because you disagree about jimk being a scounderel OR a scallywag. If so, we could take a poll and straighten it out that way. In my humble opinion there may be a slight chance that he isn't a scallywag but my money says he's definately a scoundrel. :-D (Just joking Jim)

Sorry Wolf --- I'm just joking with you --- just like I was with jimk. Lighten up a little --- relax and enjoy the ride --- have some fun. I'm the official (self appointed) curmudgeon on this website --- you're making be feel insecure. :-D Just Joking Again :-D

PS: I know a little about humor on both sides of the Atlantic. I used to work for the DeSmet Group in Antwerp.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Let's not start any polling about what other names apply to me.

You all should be grateful I delete 99.9% of what I want to say Before I post it.;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks