• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why did this CUCV go for 6K?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I saw that this work body CUCV truck went for 6K. It does have the generator, and air compressor included, but I can not imaging that those alone could add 3K-4K to the price. There was one of these work body truck in Va. in the late spring that only went for the normal M1008 prices. It did not have the equipement. Am I missing something here?

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=943357

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A nice and complete M1031 with the shop set, contact maintenance will bring that and more. Thats one of the more complete ones I've seen and after a good scrubbing, should look nearly perfect. Although not visible, the vise was even there on the tailgate. If I had the jack, I'd sure pay that! Jim Henry in NC sells them and $8000 is an average price. Figure that even a bare bones M1008 is worth nearly $2000 in scrap with the axles it has. Add that welder, 205 case wih PTO, air compressor and remember the welder is also a generator, that adds up. Bed the bed aluminum would bring $500 at the chopper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks