• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why FreightTrain was banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KsM715

WM, before you get mad at Chris or Mangus or any other mod you have to look at it this way, with all the software out there and all the hackers Im sure there is someway for someone other than mods and admin to hack into the system and look at the pm's. There are thousands of people on this site and just by looking at posts alone I would trust most of the regulars but there are always a few that play the good guy very well but just have a devious nature. I beleive its quite possible that someone may just get a kick out of reading the pm's and just let something slip. I believe Chris and Mangus when they say they do not read the pm's. I also believe there may be a mod (or just some member with way more computer skills than me) that has figured out that he can read the pm's and knows he shouldnt but did and let it slip.

Nothing in this world is private, someone is always watching

Chris, Great site, keep up the good work.

Rules are rules, break them if you want to, but understand and accept the consquences.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you know that the mods can read and archive your PMs?
Don't get me to lying but the thing is a database (after some research, it is not so mysterious as I thought, or as it used to be). They said they do not have the ability, that is OK for me.

I trust the people that operate this system, that they tell the truth. The truth, even when it was a little sensitive or for the most part better left untold, has indeed been told before, when it was necessary to inform the membership on some wierd issue that was causing an uproar.

Last edited:

Blythewoodjoe

First off, I should thank the owners and opperators of the site for all the work they do. No need on my end to explain why FT was banned. I trust you guys and also realize that trust is not required. It's your property and I use it at your disgression. I suspect there where a few people that "wanted" to know what was going on but I realy think you guys are too kind. The world we live in is cruel and time is short. I hope none of the mods, or administrators take time from their families or other personal affairs to sooth the cry babies. Anybody that can't abide by these very simple and easy rules shouldn't be allowed to waist your time.

Second, it's the internet guys. Even a dumb blue collar guy like me knows it's all on a server somewhere waiting to be exploted. If you want it be secure, talk to someone in person. ANYTHING else has the potential to be intersepted (I don't even talk "dirty" to my wife on my cell phone. Yes I'm paranoid)

I'll miss ol' FreitTrain, but that's what happens when you mis-behave :oops:.

Westech

CPL
I'm just going to say a little here.. Ft, I Have no idea what happened nor do I really give 2 cents. I have other things in my life to worry about. If you messed up, you messed up. I have known Chris and Mang For a bunch of years and I would bet my paycheck they did not do what they did for laughs.
2ed: you really think anything you type or say of text, email whatever is 100% private? Really? come on now get your head out of your butt. If I really worked on it I'm sure I could read everything that was ever typed, PM'ed whatever on SS or any other site on the web. Anything anywhere can be cracked. Thats the world we live in. You dont have to be admin or mod to get or do anything you want. Its just how hard you want to work at it. If you don't want anyone else hearing or reading what your saying .... Dont say anything at all. :deadhorse:

70deuce

This has always been, is and will be a great site for the MV enthusiast. It is that way because of the operations manual the site runs by that was put in place by its founders. It is an iternet site and thus is basically an open forum no matter how things are posted or sent between members to those who focus on hacking for fun or for a living. The management of this site have done a phenominal job or providing an invaluable resource to us MV nuts. They run it their very successful way and should be applauded for that. If one doesn't like who things are run or handled, maybe they should start their own site and run it how they like. It would be tough to come up with one as successful and valuable as SS. My 1 cent.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
or is found passing them information from the site, then that member will get banned as well.
Chris, I'm not trying to start anything but I would like some clarification on this statement. There is another site where FT frequents and so do other members from here. Are you saying that if something is posted there that happened on SS it could result in banning? I just want to know what the rule is so I don't do something that gets me in trouble.

mangus580

Chris, I'm not trying to start anything but I would like some clarification on this statement. There is another site where FT frequents and so do other members from here. Are you saying that if something is posted there that happened on SS it could result in banning? I just want to know what the rule is so I don't do something that gets me in trouble.
I think that parts refers to any information that is in a 'Members Only' area. This would include all pictures posted, and anything at all in the conversations forum or chat.

If I were a Mod, I would close this POS and get us back on track. Who cares about FT, I think there is a much greater good, our interset in MVs. Alot of time and spelling erorrs have been wasted here, when we can talk MVs, rallies and other misspelled words.
I can't understand how I let myself get sucked into this thread.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ty, if someone copies something from a private area of this site that is inaccessible to non-members (e.g. the Conversations Forum) with the sole purpose of posting it for banned members, then that member may also be banned. A single instance would warrant a 7-day ban. Multiple instances would result in a permanent ban of that member.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead and Mangus....I am going to say this and then I will refrain from further comment (unless I feel the need to defend my good name and honor).
Me and Bama Lady had a private conversation via PM (this was last year on the old forum)...the next day an (for now) un-named member made a very rude remark that could only have been brought about by knowing the exact nature of our conversation.
I remember PMing either Chris or Mangus and expressing my concern. I was given the same answer as Mangus posted above.
If I did not know what I was talking about I would not have made those statements.
Someone can and has viewed PM's....I suggest you do some house cleaning up top if you are as concerned about this site as you say you are.
I do not like being called a liar and I do not suffer fools gladly.

We had a storm last night and I lost Internet, or I would have posted this before Chris CLOSED this, Sorry.

WM, I was not a Moderator on the Old Site. I had the same access privileges as you, back then.
If you are implying that I was rude or insulted you or BL, I do not have any recollection of doing so(please feel free to inform me via PM, and I will certainly try to clear this up).

Please remember that PM's are easily shared with others, when you just "forward" them to others, as you well know.

When I read your first post, I saw several comments that are your interpretation and incorrect from the facts. I never called you a liar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks