• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why I love this place and all of you.

AECS

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you all for the help and advice I have gotten the past month. I have owned my 1009 for a month now. This place has helped me tremendously.

I am an Aircraft electrician by trade, but Doghead and his ability to teach have helped me tremendously in getting my head around the glow plug and starting systems.

Thanks to you all, I have put 1000 miles on the truck and have had no major malfuntions. Your knowledge has led to my diagnosing and correcting an inop voltmeter, wrong brake fluid (PO), and glow plug issues.

Thank you again for getting me started down this road, and I look forward to years spent learning more and more.

V/r
AECS
Rich

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now is the time to move up, and get something bigger/better than a CUCV.......Can you say 5 ton?

AECS

I live on a military base, I get looks from security as it is with the CUCV (still painted "for official use only). I would get arrested for a 5 ton...

kdaniels

I can relate to your euphoria....I had a problem devolop with my M1009 last month. Owned the vehicle for eight years with just minor repairs and problems. Out of the clear blue it started shifting late and HARD. A quick search on here for those type of issues provided the information I needed to replace the bad vacuumn lines. Can't say enough for some of the input from forum members.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

AECS

Well I missed one, got the gouge on my leaking vacum lines messing up my shifting from here as well.

Luckily I saw a trend of people getting counseled on the virtues of the search function before I asked the question and got the wrath myself....

Skinny

Site is an endless vault of information only because of the people that make it up!

What type of aircraft and systems do you repair?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I live on a military base, I get looks from security as it is with the CUCV (still painted "for official use only). I would get arrested for a 5 ton...

Do what Abn173rd did...add Un before "official". Now his truck says "For Unofficial Use Only".

I'm not lying...it's in a thread here somewhere with pics and everything!:beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my deuce on base all the time with my "for official use only" on the door.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove my deuce on base and was going to get waved on with no checks but I stopped and said this is no longer military they said ooooo you need to pull in over there and get a pass.

Skinny

Currently F-18 Avionics, from radar to wingtip lights... Actually I am a Senior Chief now, so I manage tho people that do all the cool stuff...
OK so you are know my new official hero only second to the guy that gets to sit in the left seat, or front seat, or only seat I guess :)

If I could go back to the high school days, I wouldn't think twice about joining for either technician or pilot but got sucked into the automotive industry very early. By the time I got around to getting a private certificate and pushed to go commercial, the pay was drying up and now you couldn't get me to work for any of the Legacy companies with the way they treat the brass.

AECS

I do get to see and do some really cool stuff, it is sad that the new techs do not get the training we used to. I don’t think my midgrade tech could tell me ohms law let alone explain it...

It is my pleasure to serve, no thanks is necessary but it is always appreciated.

Skinny

Yikes! Ohms law should be on the entry exam...

You must do a lot of running around checking others work.

A thanks is necessary, you guys make sacrifices to do the work you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks