• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why I need an elbow on my air inlet mushroom!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I totally agree that tire chains are the way to go. I have a set for my M37, and they make such a difference you will feel unstoppable. I have sets for my M543A2 and deuce, but have never had to use them yet. I was very lucky in that a local fire department gave me two sets for duals and a retiring trucker gave me a full set for a tandem, still new in the bags, as payment for recovering his semi one time.They are a pain to put on, but when you are going where the stuff is really bad, be it mud or snow, they are the best safety factor you can have. The problem is, sometimes you get into the crud before you anticipate it, and then putting on tire chains is almost impossible. If you can anticipate in advance, they are very good. Another problem for me with chains is that many times I have a lot of road distance to where I will need them, then a short time of using them, then road travel again. I do not like to wear them out with a lot of bare road time, so I have to decide if I want to put them on to just take them off again. This is why the lockers mentioned and single tires are also very good in my experience.
Regards Marti

MN_DEUCE

Wondering if a deuce with/winch would turn better and have better traction because of the extra wieght on the front or not?

houdel

What, no snow? Life is not worth living without snow! There is nothing like 4 wheeling (or 6x6 wheeling) in a foot or two of fresh snow! Unless its passing the idiots in the 2WDs who can't drive in the snow and end up burying themselves in a snowbank or a ditch. It IS a hoot to haul them out and laugh to myself while doing it!

Towman 2277 - Come on now, if you need that winch, you've already gone beyond the limits of practicality. If you are already in the ditch, you weren't being careful enough!

Towman2277

MN_DEUCE said:
Wondering if a deuce with/winch would turn better and have better traction because of the extra wieght on the front or not?
I personally don't think the weight of the winch would make significant difference, BUT! You'll need that winch if ya' slide into the ditch!!