• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is the M105 cargo cover so tall?

Ridgerunner

This winter I picked up a good condition cargo cover for my trailer. I haven't gotten around to do anything with it till now. Turns out it has an extention sewed onto the bottom of it. I only bought the cover, I didn't get anything else with it. I attached a picture, of the actual cover that I'm asking about.

Two questions...

1- What is/was the purpose to add on the extra material to the bottom of an existing trailer cargo cover?

2- I just need a standard length cover for my trailer. Is it possable to just cut the added material off, without hurting the integrity of the original cover?

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purpose was for higher volume cargo. Just extend your bow uprights (I think they will extend something like 6") and it will look right. If you decide to cut off the extra material, you will have to install new eyelets for the tiedown ropes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks