• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why not go to electric fans ?

blozup

I'm a big fan (ha?) of electric fans. Flex-a-lite sells some pretty heavy duty fans, I think they all come under 30A or less, and that's really just starting amperage. Running amperage is much lower. They key would be getting proper coverage with a shroud. You could also get a couple fans and stage them for more cooling power. The stock clutch fan, like in many vehicles, has huge gaps. and is tied to engine RPM. I plan on doing that on the LMTV I don't have yet.

Sid R

The issue that I'm having is that the fan never shuts off. I have had my M1078 for about three months and it has always sounded like a freight train. Even from initial start up and the gauge hasn't even moved. I checked the fan clutch and it is the new style with the studs for the fan blades. The temp never gets over 175 degrees but if I manually hit the switch on the control panel you can hear the solenoid activate and it gets nice and quiet. Would this be an issue with the temp sensor gone bad and always thinking it is hot?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Your fan could be stuck from sitting. Or there is no air getting to the clutch to turn it off. Build air shut off the truck and crack the line to the fan clutch see if there is air there.

Sid R

Checked to see if there was air at the air hose on top of the fan shroud and there was not. I did find what is causing the problem. The wires for the sensor on the top radiator hose are cut and the connector is gone but the connector at the harness is still there. So now I need to replace the sensor and hopefully it fixes my problem. Does anybody know the part number and where I can get one. Thanks

20170408_180937.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks