• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why not tinted monstaliner on exterior?

Sniperinhisname

I've been researching for my upcoming budget paint job on my new to me m1008 offroad project and i have noticed alot of people have used behr with good results, well what about monstaliner? I was browsing their website and noticed they have code 34088 tint available. Wouldn't tinted monstaliner be tougher than behr or maybe even carc? Just curious what yall think of this.

NovacaineFix

Sorry for the confusion if you read this before I edited the post.
Had to re-edit, I guess I really didn't get that you wanted to use the Monster-liner on the exterior and not as a bedliner.

You can, I have seen a few trucks, not MV's, around town that have had it done. They don't look bad, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.
I used a light bedliner material on the lower portion of my M1009 as a scratch protector from rocks and stuff.

If you don't mind a rough outer exterior, then there is nothing wrong. Just keep in mind not to use it where rubber seals meet the body surface, they need that smooth and/or flat surface to seal properly to keep water leaks from occurring.

I read the Monster-liner product page, it is a catalyst based coating, so the hardness factor should be good for your off-road activities.

Hope that helps and good luck

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks