• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why so many Wreckers at Camp Shelby?

Mark3395

I guess I need a 936 Wrecker, and there's a slug of them at Shelby. Question is why? Are they accumulated junkers awaiting rebuild, good trucks waiting rebuild, or a mix?

Am trying to reduce risk in a photo-based bid, of course.

Adn while I'm at it, anybody know a good transporter who can pick up and haul to Western Illinois?

Thanks much.

Mark

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't he is posting about a particular auction. He is asking about why there are so many at one site.

I wish they had that many by me.

;-)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mark, your best bet is to find someone that can inspect for you. WAY TOO many things could be wrong with a 936.

SPCWarning

I'd love to have one myself it would come in handy but I don't have a lot of knowledge of 936's so I wouldn't know what to look for. I have noticed there are a lot more parts than just a regular cargo truck so like gimpyrobb says there's a lot that could be wrong and not noticed by the untrained eye. If anyone does want to go and inspect some and I'm not working I'd be glad to join and lend a helping hand and learn in the process.
Jimmy

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If I remember correctly, the 936 are different than the other 816s. I think they have hydro controls for some functions over the pass side rear corner of the bed.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I guess I need a 936 Wrecker, and there's a slug of them at Shelby. Question is why? Are they accumulated junkers awaiting rebuild, good trucks waiting rebuild, or a mix?

Am trying to reduce risk in a photo-based bid, of course.
Thanks much. Mark
The Ms guard had a contract to rebuild, the Army has all they want so everything left goes to disposal. Some of the trucks were running working trucks others were whatever. The Kansas guard at Ft Riley had a contract to do 923,925 and 934 series shop trucks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Good opportunity for someone with a wrecker to move working/driveable trucks off base for a small fee.
SS member csmdavis has that covered. He works at Shelby and can do recoveries, inspections and load outs.

Shelby has been rebuilding MV's for many years. My last unit had a brigade stationed there and I spent a lot of time down there starting in 1995. There are thousands of trucks out there in various stages of repair/decay/residue.

The M931's will be selling in large lots for the next several months but I would recommend a preview of anything you plan on bidding on.

There are several hundred wreckers there too.

BadMastard

SirMtow, I can answer that question. They are worth whatever you feel like bidding. That's of course subjective, as you might think they are worth 5 million dollars, and I might think they are worth 500. If you wished to shop them a bit, check the old google for m936 for sale. You'll see what everyone thinks pretty quickly.

PROSTOCKTOM

I think they have like 236 5-tons that are going in the next 2 weeks at Camp Shelby.

That just seems like an lot trucks in one location.

Not very many 2 1/2 trucks for sale, but man the are hundreds of 5-tons moving in January.

I wonder If the Government is getting rid of them because of the older diesel engines they

have in them?

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks