• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why the Deuce Doesn't Have These I'll Never Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwenil

This will be my last post in this thread since it really makes my head hurt and I get the urge to strangle the life from something. I will say this, knowledge is not a measure of intelligence, it's what you do with the knowledge you have that is the true measure. Repeatedly you have shown a complete and almost arrogant inability to comprehend the knowledge given to you in this thread. Many of us have stated problems in your design that are obvious to us and you shrug them off and continue on with some tangent argument about who knows what. The question in the thread title has been answered more ways than I can conveniently count. The resulting arguments you have put forth are weak and still ignore the facts of the situation in favor of your own ideas.

I would advise you to take the advice given in this thread to heart. It will not hurt us one bit if you build your ideal design of a 2.5 ton 6x6 and then get yourself killed or some other hardship in your travels because you didn't take anyone's council but your own. You will be the one stuck in a lonesome place far from help with broken suspension or axle shafts because you thought in all your wisdom to throw away the concerns of others who have gone before you. Sure, you can put a 454 in A Jeep but you better believe the AMC 20 axle is going to break. You can put a blower on a Camaro or Mustang, but again, parts will be broken since you are exceeding the design parameters of the original vehicle. Spitting the driveshaft out of a street car and have to get towed home is worlds away from the life threatening dangers that could be avoided in the wilderness by designing the vehicle correctly. You are working with a truck designed to haul troops and cargo on dirt roads in bad weather, not a Camel Trophy Land Rover.

Wake up and realize what you propose is dangerous to you, not to us. You inability to use the superior knowledge at hand simply tells us that you are not quite as intelligent as you seem to believe.

Alex400

One thing that I don't know has been brought up yet, is the lack of lateral stability when both wheels start to spin on ice. with one wheel spinning the other one will basically hold you from sliding sideways. when you lock them together you lose that. so if you do it. watch yourself in the ice and snow.

FreightTrain

Banned
Does the Term "Educated Idiot" pop into everyones head too?The smartest people I know are the ones that only did highschool or didn't finish highschool.Some of the stupidest are the book smart people.Knowledge is not the same as smarts.

scooter01922

WOW, i wish i was a mod so this thread could GO AWAY. How exactly does insulting the members of the board help your cause???? Everything this guy writes is pure BS. I bet he is sitting at his computer with a thesaurus looking up more "educated" words to use in his posts. Is your favorite hobby finding new and exciting ways to make yourself look superior or is it more of a job? Truth is that you have NO CLUE what is really going on in the world, just keep your nose in those books and keep spewing random useless "facts":roll:. How about you listen to those that have a clue and stop being so condescending. I can guarantee that it would save you countless hours of frustration later on this undertaking of yours.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this enough for everyone or should I keeo popping?
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Does the Term "Educated Idiot" pop into everyones head too?The smartest people I know are the ones that only did highschool or didn't finish highschool.Some of the stupidest are the book smart people.Knowledge is not the same as smarts.

I've never understood the hostility some people have against education or those who have an education.

For example let's take Shakespeare only went to grammar school, which makes his abilities seem rather remarkable. This is especially so if we consider his contemporaries of Marvell, Donne and Spenser all went to college and graduate school and so on. Poor Shakespeare however never got past grammar school and therefore had very little formal training in his profession. Now this might be true, the fact is that Shakespeare gave himself an education his prose is full of allusions to subject matter and historical facts that no average Grammarian student of the era would have. This is a man who was brilliant and self educated.

Now, the difference between formal education and self-education is merely the subject matters and status of one's own determination to achieve one's goals in education. That being said there are plenty of brilliant people like Plato, Socrates, Aristotle who never the halls of a traditional school, but they were not apathetic to education, no they embraced and it sought it out. That is the difference between the educated by force and the philosopher. Which by the way simply means the lover of wisdom.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

WOW, i wish i was a mod so this thread could GO AWAY. How exactly does insulting the members of the board help your cause???? Everything this guy writes is pure BS. I bet he is sitting at his computer with a thesaurus looking up more "educated" words to use in his posts. Is your favorite hobby finding new and exciting ways to make yourself look superior or is it more of a job? Truth is that you have NO CLUE what is really going on in the world, just keep your nose in those books and keep spewing random useless "facts":roll:. How about you listen to those that have a clue and stop being so condescending. I can guarantee that it would save you countless hours of frustration later on this undertaking of yours.
I don't need a thesaurus, I usually need a dictionary for I'm terrible speller, but I have fantastic vocabulary. I hate to break it to you Scooter but those so called random useless facts that you call Philosophy has lead to the development of logic that runs your little computer at home , at work, in your car and so on. So I guess us Logicians and Philosophers have a pretty good track record in real world practical usage...

The question is what do you provide the world? Why are my facts useless and your actions meaningful? Why is the development of knowledge antithetical to usefulness? I have so many questions when I meet persons like yourself Scooter about your world view. It is so alien to me that I just never really can get my mind around the nuances of it. It seems like "Drains not Brains" mentality where only practical endeavors are important, which to me seems to lead to dialect reasoning about the world when it comes to knowledge and value.

But perhaps you're not willing to fill my head full of more useful facts.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A wise old man told me one time ( only a 6th grade education by the way). " It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Crazyguyla

:deadhorse:This is so appropriate for this thread.. poor horse..

Here's more popcorn for all...
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Rolling_Eudaimonia

I have a graduate degree in systems engineering from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a specialization in hardware, aircraft systems, etc. I mention this because it's relevant to what you are about to read.
Like what?? What does designing an airplane have to do with designing a truck. I know we all wish our dueces could fly.

Great to take things out of context... Someone said to me don't you think that the weight of the winches is too much for the tuck. I had a plan to keep the weight of the truck about the same as it should be on or off road by removing weight like the big heavy bed, and other things that wouldn't be needed. As for the winches i still think 35k lbs is the perfect size for this truck. It is almost twice the truck's weight so if the truck gets really stuck it should be able to break it free. That is just as long as the load doesn't exceed 70k lbs. I would put that up front when one needs to move the truck through the mud, the truck absolutely won't go forwards.

The 10,000lb winch on the truck at present is rather underrated. I've gotten plenty of things stuck in the mud when I was kid and I know this if you want to move a 3,500lb Jeep CJ5 out of 20 inches of mud you need 7,000lbs of force minimum. If the truck can get some traction than 7,000lbs will do the trick. However, if the truck is totally stuck and not budging an inch backwards or forwards then one needs at least 10,000-12,000lbs of force to move the out of the mud.

It's not that I don't like the answer... Often you don't answer the question. I still believe that Bio-Diesel is the best fuel option for the M35A2 if you want to drive it alot. It just isn't feasible for a guy who lives in a 1100 sq ft apartment on the second floor to do in his place of residence.
He could always build his additions/ modifications out of aircraft grade aluminum or composites. Put that big think tank of his in action.

I'm still waiting on the first picture to show he's done anything more than talk.

Till then, 'The empty drum always makes the most noise' mindset seems to best fit here.
I thought it was the squeaky wheel. I've been so wrong all these years. Atleast someone learned something useful from this post.
rofl:cookoo::tin hat::stir pot:

Finally, Who was it that had it on their posts, "Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"?

Now i think it is time for the... fat lady singsfat lady sings

Status
Not open for further replies.