• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why won’t my doghouse clip closed

thoner7

My top right doghouse clip doesn’t work and never has. I’ve fixed it and jimmy’d it and replaced the spring clip think but it just doesn’t work. It’s like it’s a half inch short or something?

What gives?

Is there some super secret secret to getting it to work? Any suggestions other than the obvious ones?

mccullek

The metal hooks that the clip grabs bend easily. I had a hard time gettining mine to close until I realized the hooks were bent.

Look at your hooks to be sure one or both are not bent out of place or the shape of them is not correct. They bend easily with a pair of pliers. I found a set of electricians flat nosed pliars work best if you have a pair.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google DZUS and see how they are installed and adjusted, to do it correctly you need some special tools, I have one vehicle with DZUS fittings all over it so the tools are worth while to me.

thoner7

I broke the one spring trying to clip it in. So I replaced it. But it still doesn’t work.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I broke the one spring trying to clip it in. So I replaced it. But it still doesn’t work.
Again they have to be installed and ADJUSTED correctly OR the cover is not correctly fitted,, if it takes allot of force to twist it in place it is not adjusted correctly, DZUS fasteners are rather fragile but there are places they work better than anything else.
I have all these tools and it make fabrication real easy, the "fitting/adjustment" starts at about 5 min. in.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=DZUS+fastener+adjusting&&view=detail&mid=EA91CA879A6224D63047EA91CA879A6224D63047&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=DZUS+fastener+adjusting&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=dzus+fasteneradjusting&sc=1-22&sk=&cvid=8DB875DF8E1B47329121A2F766FA4D80&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My left one had a broken spring when I got the truck. I replaced the spring and now it's very loose, so it really isn't holding that side of the doghouse. The bottom snap-clip seems to be enough but I would still want to get the DZUS adjusted correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks