• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WI title denied. Options?

saddamsnightmare

May 14th, 2010.

You fellas up in Wisconsin are making all of us down here in Texas appreciate this state's approach to former military vehicles and regularly registered military vehicles.....
I still say the letter that David Doyle turned up on CFR regs on the trusks (49 CFR 571.7(C))
only have to meet their military contract specifications and no others are the way out if you will only find a good lawyer or a state senator to get that puppy through. Otherwise you all are "Scrod".......:shock:

Last edited:

Dodge man

May 14th, 2010.

You fellas up in Wisconsin are making all of us down here in Texas appreciate this state's approach to former military vehicles and regularly registedred military vehicles.....

Otherwise you all are "Scrod".......:shock:

I foresee a big future for someone in Texas that's willing to "buy" collector MVs and "lease" them back to the poor saps that live in Wisconsin! :)

Melvinitis

Taking somthing to the DMV saying the vehicle was built excempt from USDOT regs is a sure fire way of ensuring I NEVER get it registered. That is the whole point, I need to prove it IS highway safe.
Mill road huh... will give it a try! Did you just walk in with your SF?

BTW, my truck has NO rust. It spent its life in AZ and NC. I am dead serious, the frame, no rust, the only rust is the angle irons for the cargo cover.

Melvinitis

Huge shout out to Jimm1009... the number he had for GM, 905-440-7697, was dead on. It got me into contact with a nice lady at GM Canada who will send me a certification letter. I need to send her a photo of the spid sticker in my glove box. She will then send a letter to me certing my truck is good togo.
BTW, one of the posting above said the first number, if it is a 1, means the vehicle is US compliant That is not true, it only means it was made in the US. I had a Janesville Wisconsin made Suburban in the middle east, (1 in the first spot of the vin) it was built to UAE specs (the standard in the middle east). I would not be highway worthy in the US without significant upgrades including windows, exhaust, doors, well the list was 18 items long, and I can not remember everything needed.

THANKS AGAIN TO JIMM1009, you were dead on with great info....

Melvinitis

Fianl follow up on this, at least the GM interaction part... very fast turn around, within two days I had my letter. Thanks GM!
Again, the number Jimm1009 gave me was great, thank you again Jimm1009!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a copy of the letter for the archives.

Now to see if the DMV will take it.....:?

Chisum

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks