• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WI to NY transport needed - HMMWV

desmodromic

Howdy folks,

It looks like I will be needing transport this week or next for a rolling, but not running HMMWV from Oskosh, WI 54901 to Queens, NY 11101. I would be happy to keep the job within the Steel Soldier family (we all need a way to fund this addiction), but am open to your preferred transporters as well. Please post up or send me a PM.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Howdy folks,

It looks like I will be needing transport this week or next for a rolling, but not running HMMWV from Oskosh, WI 54901 to Queens, NY 11101. I would be happy to keep the job within the Steel Soldier family (we all need a way to fund this addiction), but am open to your preferred transporters as well. Please post up or send me a PM.

Thanks!

That is a heavy toll area all the way. It will be shocking on the price honestly. I was shocked at the toll costs thru NYC and the potholes that were retarded in size. I know for a 5 axle truck across Chicago on 90 is approx. $100. Erie to Buffalo is $25?. Across NY from Buffalo to just south of Albany is $77. I then lost track of them in NYC

desmodromic

Yup, that last stretch once you cross the GWB is no joke and easily adds another ~$50 in tolls. The roads are straight out of Mogadishu. Actually, the roads and locals in Mogadishu are likely more civilized than the locals and stretch of 95 east of the GWB ;) I have always done my own transport in the past, but time is not on my side on this one.

Al that said, the tolls from Ohio to NYC can largely be avoided by running I-80 through PA.

It seems like everything is more difficult on the East Coast. I miss the freedom of the Midwest (and the rest of free America).

fasttruck

the cash rate for a port authority facility in New York fort a 5 axle truck is $105.00 for the round trip and an additional $43.00 or so each way on the triboro facility of your choice to get in to Queens. The politicians will try to toll any structure bigger than a culvert. The last time I checked a round trip on the 18 mile Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel which is 18 miles long was slightly cheaper than the George Washington Bridge which is 4000 feet long.

desmodromic

Is there a lower rate for tracked vehicles?

No worries, simp5782 is going to take my new turleback halfway from TX and I will handle the home run with my lowly pickup. You guys need less axles! ;) $17 on the Throgsneck for tow vehichle and 2 axle trailer.

Last edited:

Lukes_deuce

Glad that it worked out for you. When I brought my 5 ton home, I was naive and paid cash for the Geothels bridge. When i pulled up to the toll, attendant said 78 bucks. I almost fell out of the truck! EZ-pass all the way now....

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a lower rate for tracked vehicles?

No worries, simp5782 is going to take my new turleback halfway from TX and I will handle the home run with my lowly pickup. You guys need less axles! ;) $17 on the Throgsneck for tow vehichle and 2 axle trailer.
Looks like it will be here today. Looking forward to seeing Wes again for a few

desmodromic

Looks like it will be here today. Looking forward to seeing Wes again for a few
Yah, big thanks to Wes for facilitating the pick up and dragging my steerless M966 from TX to NC, and much thanks to Wheelspinner for providing prime yard ornament space allowing me some time to come down and collect it. Now I have to plan my grand tour of NC to pick up needed HMMWV parts at the same time.

There are truly some great members here on Steel Soldiers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks