• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wierd Start-up

roadwarrior

I haven't started up the Deuce in a couple weeks, so I decided to warm it up since its been kinda cold lately. When I flipped the power switch, the low air buzzer didn't sound. It has always sounded off before. The truck was a little slow starting, but started fine. The batteries seemed ok, any ideas on why the buzzer isn't working? I tried searching with no luck, thanks in advance.

wsucougarx

My trucks all do that when the batteries aren't FULLY charged from sitting. After driving her and getting the batteries charged, the buzzer is as loud as can be;-)

roadwarrior

91w350-The guage was in the green, didn't notice any change

WSU-Thats what I was wanting to hear! I'll check it in the morning after it bleeds off, thanks.

wsucougarx

Just for a peace of mind, I also installed the Low Air Pressure Warning Light. It comes with a Y that plugs into the buzzer and the light. Got it from Saturn Surplus. I put them in all of my trucks.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Or you could keep an eye on your gauges. I'm just sayin.
So true. However when I get in the "zone" on long trips, I don't tend to stare at my gauges. Especially where they're located. Plus my instrument panel doesn't light up too well on my trucks during night time driving. I'm just sayin;-)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The buzzer (and warning light) is operated by the low air pressure switch. If the switch isn't working neither will work. The switch air supply is at a dead end of the air circuit and water may accumulate, which will freeze under the right circumstances. An alcohol vaporizer would probably help.

jbingvtx

My low air buzzer is kinda hit and miss, sometimes it's there in all it's noisy glory and sometimes nothing. My guage always works. My first thought is bad ground but I haven't dug in yet to find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks