• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wildwood Caliper Upgrade for front

linhster

Wilwood Caliper Upgrade for front

Has anyone done the Wilwood upgrade? If so, what else is required beside the rotor, caliper and the Wilwood adapter yoke for the m1114-m1151? Or do I need the whole kit? Also heard that the rotor is mated to the 12k axel or can I use the 10k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Action

do you want them because ghey are cool or??? Those are 4pistons each! Did you look at pad prices for when yours wear down. Last i checked, it was over $300 for 4 pads.

linhster

do you want them because ghey are cool or??? Those are 4pistons each! Did you look at pad prices for when yours wear down. Last i checked, it was over $300 for 4 pads.
I knew about them from my hot rod days. Cool factor only for their stopping power not for show. Planning a Duramax/Allison in the future and wanted to learn more about it. Just think it would be a nice upgrade if I can find them for reasonable price.

While we are on braking topic, I am curious about the dynamic of full time 4wd and braking. The front and rear drive shaft operate at the same rotational speed, so locking up the front or the rear shortly follow by all four tires locking up? So how important is front to rear proportioning?

Last edited:

Carrera911

I knew about them from my hot rod days. Cool factor only for their stopping power not for show. Planning a Duramax/Allison in the future and wanted to learn more about it. Just think it would be a nice upgrade if I can find them for reasonable price.

While we are on braking topic, I am curious about the dynamic of full time 4wd and braking. The front and rear drive shaft operate at the same rotational speed, so locking up the front or the rear shortly follow by all four tires locking up? So how important is front to rear proportioning?
The transfer case is in 4 high for pavement use. It has a differential in the t/c that allows the front / rear tires to spin at different speeds in turns or in situations as you describe. In high lock or low lock the yes, locking the front or rear set will lock the opposite end of the truck. But off road that really doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedG

The front cross member will require changing to the REV style (about $400) plus complete Wilwood front kit (140-11450 $1,800) plus lines. I do not know about the proportional valve and master cylinder. For REV's they are different.

If you do the rears, it is another kit, plus lines, a big bracket plus you need to buy the parking brake calipers and linkage (not to mention cutting holes in the bed for access).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks