• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 5 ton trans bolt to 5.9 cummins?

area52

Someone more knowledgeable than me can tell you for sure, but I believe the 5 ton trans is a SAE #3 or #2 so you would need the correct adapter/bell-housing to mate it up along with the correct flywheel and clutch.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get flywheel housings for just about any bell housing/trans. The flywheel/clutch will be the larger issue. You can also get different starter quadrants too.

Jones

Depends on what bolt pattern a five-ton trans is.
Find a wrecking yard dealing in larger trucks and semis.
Most all UPS, FedEx trucks, armored cars have 5.9 Cummins' in them and those engine blocks have SAE bolt patterns for sure. Any of those places should have the #3-#2 SAE adapters since they're what mates the engines to Allisons and so forth.

mudguppy

the cummins block does not determine the flywheel housing pattern - all cummins use an engine adapter. whether it be for a dodge trans or SAE, 6bt or 4bt, 1st generation or late, etc. the engine adapter is what you want.

there are usually folks w/ spare SAE engine adapters over on www.4btswaps.com.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks