• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 800 series dump bed fit 900 series truck

fastfreddy

I searched the site and couldn't find this subject so I hope this hasn't been covered before to exhaustion :) and I drove both 800 and 900 series trucks but don't have a clue if the beds are interchangable so if I purchase a 900 series cargo and want to put an 800 series dump bed on it would that work? I am finding the 800 series 5 tons are easy to come by but the 900 series are like a unicorn.

Which series truck is more durable is the other question I have? I sure liked driving these trucks during my 6 years with uncle sam and now I want one in my driveway.

emr

Same frame axles motor and really the same truck as for durability the same, the trans is the difference, and they both sure are durable, now the motor in the a2 is good too, I feel my 813 and 925 are the same truck, but yet very different , I love both... and do not see how a bed could be different al all, I do not have any experience other than knowing they are basically the same truck, good luck,

fastfreddy

Thanks emr and I was hoping to get into a 900 series cargo since they are available and put a dump bed on it later rather than go for a 800 series dump and not have the auto. I like a manual myself but if my dad drives it he has a bad shoulder and would like the auto. He drove them in vietnam (800 series of course) and he drove the 900 in the reserves and liked the 900 better. Thanks again for the reply.

dodgemain

Something to keep in mind are the wheelbases of the trucks. The M939 series tractors and dumps have a 167" wheelbase and the short cargo trucks have a 179" wheelbase. The dump bed and hoists are the same for the M809 and M939. With the exception of the cab protectors. The the cab protector on the M939 is much taller.

Oldfart

For what ever its worth, I picked up some Troop Seats and Bed Covers with Bows for 900 series 5 ton Dumpers. Sticks in my mind it was 920 something. These were a perfect fit on my son's 800 series dump truck. These covers go over the cab protector as well as the bed and they fit there as well. My son said the dump beds were the same. I think his is an 817 or 818 and like I said the covers I bought from GL were 920 something (926?). It sounds like your idea might work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks