• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a cucv run with missing belts?

Finnegan1008

I have whats probably multiple squeaking/noisy accessories on my m1008. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly what is causing the noise.

My questions is can I temporarily remove belts to try to isolate the problem? If my batteries are charged up can I crank the engine? I was planning to do this on a warm engine so no glow plugs needed.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Perfect! Thanks
Without losing your fingers, if you have a bar of soap you can stop belt squeaks. OR, if you are able to use that same bar of soap and rub the inside of the belts (again - one at the time) rotate the motor a little and rub more soap.

If it is a belt squeak, it will disappear for a while.
Won't last long if it is raining!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks