• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will a jeep wrangler fit in the bed of a Deuce?

blackwater1

will a jeep rubicon fit in the bed of a Deuce. and if so what is the best way to secure the jeep?
would would anyone be interested in driving a Deuce from redstone to peoria il next week?? (around may 19th):?:

monkeythumbs

How come your location says Florida but you're going to Ill ? If it wasn't right before Aberdeen I'd go, but sorry I can't help you out.

dc3coyote

Sorry I just took my last bit if leave before the Ga rally.
As for tieing down your jeep, is your new duece a dropside? If so just use the inbed mounts.
Hope this helps.
Branan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry I just took my last bit if leave before the Ga rally.
As for tieing down your jeep, is your new duece a dropside? If so just use the inbed mounts.
Hope this helps.
Branan

Does that mean we will see you in October?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
will a jeep rubicon fit in the bed of a Deuce. and if so what is the best way to secure the jeep?
would would anyone be interested in driving a Deuce from redstone to peoria il next week?? (around may 19th):?:
It depends,
the inside of a M35a2 bed is 147" long
a stock SWB TJ is 156"
a stock LWB TJ is 167"
a stock SWB JK is 153"
a stock LWB JK is 173"

Both the SWB Rubis would fit with, but you wouldn't be able to close the tailgate. The LWB TJ might put the rear tires on the tailgate, and the LWB JK... get a trailer.

Travis89xj

the center of axle to center of axle on a standard tj should be about 90" my cherokee center to center of the axle is about 106" and i extended it out some factory is about 102". a tj should fit pretty easy

Blythewoodjoe

For what it's worth, I moved my 88 wrangler in the back of my deuce years ago. I had to remove the front rack so the bumper could go over the bed a little to get the tail gate shut. I shut the gate, and drove home. No tie downs at all. I did not get to visit with any law enforcement, fortunatly:-D. If you remove the troop seats you can probably pull something off, but your jeep my be a little different than mine.

Good luck.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
BTW the lengths I gave were overall (forwardmost edge of the front bumper to rear edge of the spare. On my TJ I could shave several inches off of that number as my bumpers and spare are higher than the bed sides and tailgate.

SWB TJ WB= 93.4"
LWB TJ WB= 103.4"
SWB JK WB= 95.4"
LWB JK WB= 116" (which is 6.5" longer than the WB on my wife's Jeep Commander)

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A 2005 Ford Ranger fit in mine without side racks. I backed it in off a loading dock and the tailgate would not close but I could get it about half way up and secure it by putting the hook through the handle. I then ran a ratcheting tiedown strap from the slits where the tailgate hooks go and cranked it down.
Put wood chocks in front of the wheels. She rode good all the way back from Arkasas.

blackwater1

thanks to all for the info ------ for monkeythumbs-- i live in fl. have some buildings in peoria and have farm in iowa where the deuces will end up, but if i can get them as far as peoria - i have some people there that can help me get them to iowa:-D

I had Z Rails (or K rails) installed in the bed of mine. They are the same thing you see in the back of CDL vans or semi trailers to tie down loads. It worked great. The load limit on those (depending on which one you get) is about 3-5 tons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks