• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will an ATV fit inside an M1009 ?

twlinks

With or without the top. :?:Any insight would be appreciated.
No offense intended, but the more info you give here, the better the feedback is going to be. Do you know the size of the ATV? Do you have an M1009 or is this part of the consideration of buying one? What you asked would be a little like asking if a dog would fit in my lap...a poodle might, but my 90 lb. German Shepherd doesn't work so well, although she sure keeps trying.

I can tell you from experience that taking the top off or putting it back on isn't a simple task...that sucker is heavy, two guys "might" be able to lift it up on, but four or a hoist/sling of some kind is a whole lot better. I would also be concerned about the tailgate strength, but maybe that's a non-issue. Again, that would depend on the ATV you are talking about.

Last edited:

Bairrfhionn82

No,
2 years ago when I bought my 24" snow blower I had to drive home with the window down during a blizzard. The handles were out the window and with the seat folded up it filled the entire length of the cargo area. Atv's are just too big today to fit easily in the back of a M1009 w/o removing the top. Thats why I bought a trailer to haul anything the size of snow blower

rivcrazy2000

I put my buddies Yamaha R6 in the back of mine with the top off, at an angle you probably won't get to put a quad. I take the top off my 1009 by myself all the time. Getting it back on takes another person, though if I really had to I guess I could probably get it back up on there. It's not so much that it is heavy it is just such a large object that has some leverage. It all depends on what you put it on after it has left the truck.

Sverige

Sorry, guys. Yes, I was trying to fit a Polaris 500 quad ATV. I'm still trying to decide between an M1009 and M1008.

zoo

I have A polaris sportsman 500 .no way does it fit in my 1009 with top on.
I was even disapointed to find it wont fit in a 106a1 trailer with top and bows on and doesn't fit between the wheel wells.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks