• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will group 31 batteries fit in a CUCV?

ranchhopper

I picked up a set of group 31 batteries today and set them in the trays and they look pretty close to the underside of the hood. I figure I had better ask to see if someone had them in their truck before closing the hood on them.

Keith_J

Tape insulate the terminals, then use a small loose wad of aluminium foil to see clearance. Or run a straight edge from inside fender lip.

cucvrus

ACDelco Battery Group Size 31 1111 | O'Reilly Auto Parts (oreillyauto.com)
Since the Delco group 31 Freedom battery was stock on the CUCV from the factory I would say go with it. Delco 1111 was the stock battery. Good Luck. The tray studs can be adjusted inward and outward to accommodate and secure the group 31 battery and the 6 TL battery. Make sure to attach both batteries with the supports to the right fender. Not just setting there high and dry being supported by the fender inner apron.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks