• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will Holley elec fuel pump handle diesel?

kapnklug

Since the untimely failure of my Walbro FRB-22 electric fuel pump (after only 1yr), I've installed a Holley "Blue" electric pump instead, because I had it lying around. It's 110GPH, 14PSI, which should be OK, but it was made for gasoline.
The Holley website says not to use it with alcohol fuels, but is it safe for diesel/WMO/diluted WVO?
PS Here's the spec page:
http://www.holley.com/12-802-1.asp

kipman

I am using a Mr Gasket gas only electric fuel pump on my 1009, 11000 miles, still good, it said not to use diesel, it was 25.00 dollars cheaper, I think they be the same.

Westech

CPL
Yes I did. I will have it all blasted and painted next week. I just glad everyone is ok in the sence that no one was hurt.. I know were all totally 100% crazy

and not to jack this post.... yes the pump will work. The 6.2 does not need nigh flow at all.

acmunro

I am using a Mr Gasket gas only electric fuel pump on my 1009, 11000 miles, still good, it said not to use diesel, it was 25.00 dollars cheaper, I think they be the same.
Maybe the gasoline only Mr Gasket pump is the secret. I had several failures with the green diesel pump pumping pump diesel. I returned one because it was still under warranty. They asked me no questions just handed me another one. It lasted less than a year. If memory serves me correctly I think their warranty is only 90 days ? Needless to say I don't use Mr Gasket pumps anymore.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I spoke with Airtex, they told me their gas only pumps had the same internals as their diesel pumps. No difference. Maybe it's the same with other manufacturers also.

kapnklug

Thanx for the pic, Southdave.
The two holes on the side of the transfer case are for a torque rod that goes from the TC to one of the bellhousing bolts on the tranny. Most CUCVs seem not to come with it, while most civvy trucks do. Weird. I made my own, since I've broken a cast-iron transfer case in the past (don't ask), and the 208 is only aluminum.

rnd-motorsports

Yes it may be OK and even may last longer with diesel over gas . But a bit over kill for a diesel the Holley red pump would have been better and still a little over kill. as the 6.2 fuel pressure only needs to be about 7 psi may want to watch you do not blow a line that could get ugly as the pump will not quit even when the engine does! Just my thought! You may want to install a regulator if you are going to use a pump that pumps more then about 9 psi as most of the other pumps mentioned do!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks