• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will n-14 cummins replace nhc-250

ncduece

i purchased a international truck that has a new n-14 cummins in it and was going to use it until i found out how much insurance cost. now im thinking about swapping the engine out with my nhc-250 in the m818, will it fit in? would it be a straight forward swap? i just want more pulling power up hills not necessarily more road speed.

DOCUSN1

The N-14 is a 855, the last and newest made of the long history of the 855. The basics should fit by that I mean basic block dimensions, there is not a lot of room at the front of the current NHC-250, there is also very little room between the top of the engine and the hood. I would recomend searching Jwaller turbo charging efforts to see where some of his issues were. The N-14 will most likely give you a big boost in the HP tourqe spec. Good luck let us know. Mark :twisted:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like DOC said, Yes and no. It will bolt right in but you're going to have problems when you go to shut the hood. There should be a way around this but it's going to take some mods. You could go with an intercooler mod as shown in another thread. That would help because you can run the turbo pipe that way. Does the engine have a Jake Brake? That adds to the clearence issues. You can swap stuff such as the fan and other front mounted stuff off of the NHC-250 to gain front clearence if need be.

Alredneck

Banned
Hmm interesting, we followed Jwallers thread on the swap he did, but would be interested in see this swap done to with lots of picks. I would be great on have a couple different ways to get this to work in our trucks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks