• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will start only with a squirt of starting fluid. Runs great once started.

biscuitwhistler37

Facts:

1. I am getting lots of flow all the way through all NEW parts all the way to the (NEW) hydraulic head.
Its not a lot of pressure, but the flow will fill a pint bottle in seconds.

2. The hydraulic head is firing. I can remove the line and see a strong squirt at each injector inlet.

3. The injectors are not popping properly.

I guess I'm going to mess with the injectors again.
Well, positive side is at least you now have the problem narrowed. Hopefully it's just a clogged nozzle or two.

KN6KXR

I highly recommend setting up to do your own injector service and calibration because on these machines it's super cheap and easy. I got a pop tester on eBay for about $120 and White Owl has injectors at $80 each plus they carry shims and other parts. The TM is pretty clear do a search here there's lots of threads.

Anyways they aren't hard to change and it's super nice having a tested set in storage.

ToddJK

I'm starting to have these issues as well. However, mine does this if I run more diesel/gas than I do wmo. Too much gas and it won't start at all unless it gets lots of either and it needs to rev over 1200rpm to keep from stalling out. Yet it will start and idle at 700 rpm with wmo. I know there's a float in the FDC (mine isn't bypassed), guessing it's gummed up and it's not adjusting to the density of the fuel because it did before and the changing of fuel filters made no difference plus it has a new in tank pump. I'm running cleaners in every tank and now the governor is starting to kick in like it's supposed to when I hit up grades and stuff where it wasn't before for a while, not all the time, but it's slow progress. I know parts can get gummed up over time, but this tells me, that FDC needs to be cleanish for that float to operate properly and can lead to lots of issues otherwise. I doubt this is the OP's issue, but it's an issue I'm sure someone else may have and don't even realize it.

ToddJK

@ToddJK I wonder whether what you see is wear of the HH. It simply does better on a higher viscosity fuel such as WMO, but loses too much pressure on the "thinner" fuels.
That may be, I just know every once in a while I get full power back and it runs great, then goes back to lagging again, it's not bad bad, but you can tell there's a power loss there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks