• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will these wheels fit my M105 trailer

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will 16" steel wheels made for the m119 howitzer fit on my M105 trailer? Link to the wheels below.
Yes, if the backspace is 6" or less.

Edit to add: Make sure you have this style of hub on your axle: 2016-07-09 16.49.52.jpg

If you had this other style: 20200507_203920.jpg, then the pilot hole of those wheels in question will have to be enlarged.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you mean those Isuzu NPR wheels like shown at the bottom of that iink/page, the pilot hole is correct (Ø 6.457") but the problem is their backspace being way over 6" (probably more like 8-9" since they are designed for dual rear wheel configuration).
Any 16"-wheel with more than 6 inches of backspace will make the rim hit the drum before the center disc contacts the hub.

Offgrdfam

If you mean those Isuzu NPR wheels like shown at the bottom of that iink/page, the pilot hole is correct (Ø 6.457") but the problem is their backspace being way over 6" (probably more like 8-9" since they are designed for dual rear wheel configuration).
Any 16"-wheel with more than 6 inches of backspace will make the rim hit the drum before the center disc contacts the hub.
Thank you. I have a lot to learn about this thing! I read on another post that 19.5 budd wheels will fit. Does that hold true with this type of hub my trailer has?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks