• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will XM211 winch fit?

cbvet

Does anyone know what it would take to install a winch from an XM211 on an M35A2?
I can get the XM211 for a pretty good price. Body is very good. Perfect radiator. Good wiring. Engine won't turn, although starter "tries".
Could anyone use any of the other parts?

Eric

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know where there is an M211 in the junkyard with a 100% complete winch setup...heck, the truck is 100% complete, looks like I could drop a bettery in it a drive it.....

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cause it's heavy and I weigh 150 lbs. soaking wet.........I don't have a deuce with an a-frame hoist.....yet :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
clint,
if you had a wrecker , you would not need a little deuce with a hoist

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
hahahaha!!!!!!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
mangus580 said:
Clinto, i meant the whole damn truck!
Well, I like disels with manual transmissions and I'd have to saw down about 100 trees to recover it..............and dealing with the old man who runs the junkyard is spotty/iffy @ best.

Crazyguyla

clinto said:
mangus580 said:
Clinto, i meant the whole damn truck!
Well, I like disels with manual transmissions and I'd have to saw down about 100 trees to recover it..............and dealing with the old man who runs the junkyard is spotty/iffy @ best.
:idea: If it runs.. can't you just drive over the trees and old man?? Old man tied to a tree?? LOL :twisted: :) I have nothing against old men or trees.. just hate seeing Green Iron going to waste

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I meant it looks like it would run, becuase it is so complete-but it's been in it's current position for a good 20+ years. Probably need some work.

cbvet

XM211 winch

I really don't need another truck which I won't have time to work on!
The XM211 is kinda cool, but I really just want the winch for my M35 A2.
So who has the parts I would need for the swap?
I guess that would be a PTO, PTO driveshaft, PTO lever, frame extensions(?), and whatever.
Eric

Crazyguyla

XM211 winch

cbvet said:
I really don't need another truck which I won't have time to work on!
The XM211 is kinda cool, but I really just want the winch for my M35 A2.
So who has the parts I would need for the swap?
I guess that would be a PTO, PTO driveshaft, PTO lever, frame extensions(?), and whatever.
Eric
I think my duece sat for 10+ years( accounting for how far the cab and fuel tank were rusted out ) and all i needed was fresh batteries and file the points clean and Vroom it ran and smoked, but it ran smooth.. smooth and loud.. no exaust past the cab.. more rust thru.. :beer:
rofl

I'll take the XM211.. just another vehicle to add to the managerie of vehicles.

Anyone know the diffrenct between the Winch PTO shaft on a Gasser M35 compaired to the A1/A2?? is it just length??

ida34

I think it is the same PTO but the A1 A2 uses a flange attached to the output shaft and the gasser has a different driveshaft that just connects directly to the PTO output without the flange. No difference. just one has the flange bolted on one does not.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric,

PTO front output shaft diameter has always been 1 1/4". The lenght of the M35 winch drive shafts is the same, don't know the XM211. With a little grinding on the Multifuel bellhousing and transmission adapter you can use the gasser M35 shaft assy. in the A1/A2 deuce. To clear bellhousing the diesel version drive shaft has a solid 7" long, 1" dia. section right after the slip joint.

Gerhard

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any junk M211 M135 trucks to pick from, I need some of the Bendix recepticals on the radiator cross brace. They are hooked to the headlights and have 8 pins, male.

dg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks