• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

willys jeep

Militoy

What is a Hotchkiss:?: This was a Ford i think;-)
Hotchkiss was a French company that made MB style jeeps and spare parts for the French gov't from 1955-1966 under license of Willys. They also put together jeeps using a combination of surplus Willys and Ford parts, combined with Hotchkiss-built spares. Those ones are called "Hotchpotch" jeeps.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

If you realy want to know, which is the make, you have to present a photo of the front end inner side of the frame and the front cross member. Also the body has some differences to the Willy's/Ford make (parking braking location in the dash board, rear storeage flaps actuation).
Also the engine and transmission has differences. But these usually can only be identified on the existing vehicle.
If the side curtains are original, this is the Austrian version /modification.
Wolf from Germany

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What a great shot!

Thanks for posting all your stuff-it's amazing the group of people we have from all over the world.

JeepMan

Does'nt the Hotchkiss jeeps have vacuum wipers and guards (hood standoffs) around
the vacuum motors? Course you don't see any wipers (manual or vacuum) on this jeep.

tklype

If you realy want to know, which is the make, you have to present a photo of the front end inner side of the frame and the front cross member. Also the body has some differences to the Willy's/Ford make (parking braking location in the dash board, rear storeage flaps actuation).
Also the engine and transmission has differences. But these usually can only be identified on the existing vehicle.
If the side curtains are original, this is the Austrian version /modification.
Wolf from Germany
It is a orginal ford . The Norwegian army go this as a part of the Marsal help after 1945. Sorry I dont have more pic. sins i sold it 15 year ago.;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks