• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Brackets?

zeisshensoldt

I've searched around for winch mounting brackets and bumper extension brackets, but have nearly come up dry. I've posted in the classifieds and have looked at numerous MV suppliers, as well as ebay. The only place that carry the 4 brackets would be tnjmurray, but will run me $300 + shipping for those 4 brackets, which I find absurd. Would it be possible to get a metal shop to make these brackets? If so where can I find the specs or maybe a cad file?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's usually cheaper to buy a complete winch than piece one together . Probably not going to be any cheaper to make them .

Pagan

You may wish to talk to the folks at Boyce in Salt Lake City. Another possible source would be the Army Surplus Warehouse in Idaho Falls, Idaho. The ASW contact info is 208-529-4753, 7012 S. Daisy Lane, Idaho Falls, Idaho. Sorry I don't have the ZIP. www.armysurpluswarehouse.com. He has been selling some really nice deuces and 5-tons lately, and may have the parts you need, or know where some are. Good people.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only place that carry the 4 brackets would be tnjmurray, but will run me $300 + shipping for those 4 brackets, which I find absurd.
Sounds like a good price to me. A sheet metal shop will charge you much much more to duplicate them.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....Would it be possible to get a metal shop to make these brackets? If so where can I find the specs or maybe a cad file?
Possible... YES. Cheaper (than $300)... probably NOT - not in your Country at least.

If you still want dimensions (for the stronger, welded version), see them here....

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks