• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WINCH CABLE CLEVIS END NEEDED

images54

I used my deuce winch for the first time yesterday...... the cable broke right at the point it enters into the clevis. It appears that the cable rusted at this connection. So I grabbed a couple big pipe wrenches and tried to back off the nut that the cable feeds into, WRONG.... IT IS RUSTED SOO TIGHT i CAN'T GET IT APART. THE FUNNY THING IS, IT DOESNT LOOK RUSTED. AND BY THE WAY, THE CABLE LEFT ON THE WINCH IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH NO SIGNS OF RUST.
So I am in need of a replacement clevis. Anyone out there happen to have one I could buy?

Thanks,
Bob

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A search for "winch cable end" gave me 55 results.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the Electroline sight put cursor on products that will drop down and you click on assembly kits. On the left side of the page should be Easy assembly down from that it should say play animation and below that it should say PDF format. If you don't see the PDF format put cursor on the play animation and then move cursor straight down one inch when the arrow changes to the hand stop and click there and that shows the real assembly instructions. Looks like you might need the assembly tool to?

jatonka

winch clevis end

I soak them with CLP and wait a day. Sometimes they come apart, sometimes I have to apply heat, then they always come apart. Or just buy the new one. Either way you gotta put it all aback together, that's fun. JT out

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did mine without the assembly tools, I used a vice a 2 pieces of wood as jaws to hold and not damage the cable. Make sure you cut out the fiber core where the plug goes. I dont recall what the exact measurements are, but I do recall that I put the sleeve on the cable 3-4 inches farther down that what the instructions said, then put the plug in, and beat down on it until I was assembled to the correct dimentions as stated in the instructions.. Then, use a piece of bailing wire to "collect up" the strands that are all now "exploded out"... Crank down on the bailing wire, getting the strands to kinda come back to one point. Trim the excess strands to the length stated. Put the socket on, and cut the bailing wire, and screw the socket on. MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEE THE STRANDS THRU THE INSPECTION HOLE... IF YOU CANT, IT'S NOT ASSEMBLED PROPERLY.....Redo it until it is correct. Anything to do with the winch is not something you want to come flying apart under load...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks