• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Cable (Wire rope) Issues (Ouch)

Guys, this applies to all the vehicles with winches, and since most lurkers here at least visit this part of the forum, here it is. Most of you do not use your winches like I do, read that at as at full load and frequently. This is not to start a discussion (again) abiut the merits of fiber winch rope versus wire rope. But, I have just had the opportunity to share a prime example of some basic winch rope rules. Simply such as, INSPECT the rope ofton, keep it clean, NEVER allow the rope to run through your hands even with heavy gloves. Any strand failure means the rope is ready to fail. Take a look at the pictures following and just remember that this rope was in service only 3 months. It was not corrosion that happened, but that kills our winch ropes just as bad.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Winch Cable (Wire rope)

Wow! You have invented Barbed Wire! Tell us more on how you managed to do this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks